• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How much can my wife work and I still get SSI benefits?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

commentator

Yes, working is the better way. Even if you can only work a little, it will help income wise and it will make a large mental difference. In no way, have I ever seen, could you keep your self-respect or your privacy and feel whole and be totally within the public assistance spectrum. It's a very marginal existence in which you give up a lot internally to keep yourself very minimally provided for. If there is the feasible alternative of work, it is the best for you. I hope our society will change and improve to the point where it always makes financial sense and we have the ability to allow everyone who wants to to have a job doing something, as they explained it to me in another country.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">