• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How to deal with these traffic violations

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

That's not helpful advice!

Should I not contest any thing or hire any lawyers then? I have a very minimalist understanding of how the legal system works.
Hire a lawyer and see what he says ... he'll be better suited to examine the case law surrounding your tickets. People have posted the statues' requirements but the case law and statue examination go hand in hand.

Otherwise, you may just get a legal lesson you would not want.

cyjeff

Hire a lawyer and see what he says ... he'll be better suited to examine the case law surrounding your tickets. People have posted the statues' requirements but the case law and statue examination go hand in hand.

Otherwise, you may just get a legal lesson you would not want.
Wow. How very helpful to state that again.

Would you like to state any more obvious points?

rockthemike13

As obvious as it may appear, I literally know nothing about how the system works and how to handle the matters. I appreciate every bodies advice, thank you guys so much, I mean it! And merry Christmas :]

Another question, I am in the market for a lawyer, but being the holidays I am having a hard time getting one. Should I contest the distracted driving charge? Or would it be better to just pay it off? I was advised at one point to contest it, but am probably looking at a court date set up for May. This is only complicated because I'm supposed to head over to California at some point. My fiance really would like the wedding over in California, by her family. Having a court date stretched out that far ahead would really complicate matters even more, hammering down how long I could stay out there, and if I could even get out there.

But would not contesting it be a bad idea in the long run of things?

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
When you enter a guilty plea you have no chance of winning.

If you contest it then you at least have a chance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">