• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How to get my sister out of my house

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CourtClerk

Well, I disagree that I’m the one who created the problem.
Of course you do. You see absolutely nothing wrong with your actions, and that's why your sister should probably distance herself from you.
I’m a Christian and I don’t believe in people holding grudges.
Well she does and that's her right. So tell me Mrs. "I'm a Christian," what does the bible say about GOSSIP? Are you only a Christian when it's convenient?
I admit I didn’t know our brother was going to write her and chastise her. I was hoping he would help her financially but he didn’t come thru. But it’s ridiculous and disrespectful for her to act the way she is.
And it's ridiculous and disrespectful to act the way YOU are. But you don't want to make this about you, do you?
Itried to help her and tried to bring the family together. But she is too stubborn.
If I were your sister, I'd add you to the list of people she should never speak to again. You are a piece of work.
I'll pray for her and also pray for you people because obviously you need it.
Be sure to pray for yourself too and ask for forgiveness. My family is intact. I'd never stab my sister in the back the way you did yours.

applecruncher

OP asked how to get her sister out of the house in the context of a self-serving tale of how terribly the sister was behaving. She could have avoided the free advice about her familial relationships if she had left out the long story and the complaints about sis. It was nice of her to help her sister. It is within her rights to legally evict the sister. But the sister doesn't seem to be the villian OP wants people to think she is.
So true, las365.

In most posts on most message boards, there is a lot more to the story. We/members just go by what we’re given.

I’m surprised OP didn’t just come here and say “My older sister mucked up her life, can’t keep a job, I let her move in with me, now she’s mad about some silly thing, won’t talk to me, so how do I get her out of my house?” or something to that effect.

No . . . OP gave us a more complete story, and I think she really expected sympathy, Obviously she didn’t get it. I’ll bet sister would have quite a different story to tell. ;)

If I was sis, I'd beg/borrow money from whoever, box up my possessions, say "Thanks, it's been real", and get the heck outta Dodge. Like, NOW.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">