• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How to help my dad in ICU?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ecmst12

Death is part of life. It's a part that generally people don't want to talk about, but it's an inevitable outcome for everyone. It's sad and we often wish we could have more time with our loved ones. But the most important thing that they can do for your dad right now is to keep him comfortable. His heart is failing, his brain is not getting enough oxygen, and he can't be the person you knew anymore. You can still be with him, talk to him, he will know that you are there. But he won't be able to communicate with you anymore. It's not because of the meds, it's because his body is shutting down. Hospice is a great resource, they will have grief counselors that you can talk to, and they can also tell you what you can expect with his condition. I suggest you speak with them.

Adrien08

i am very sorry to hear about the condition of your father but bro its the life and its the reality. So you need to get ready yourself for every kind of circumstances. Because I remember that my mother was also in hospital at this July and I think she was just recovering. I stay in hospital 2 days and nights without sleeping. at 3rd day when I come home for some time to do some important work. after completing the work I just go back to hospital and hear the news from my father that my mother is passed away. I know its difficult to handle that condition but that is the reality and its hard to accept it. I am not discouraging you but just trying to tell you that make your self ready for every thing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">