• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

how to prove it was under $750 ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

justalayman

hoflix said:
that's what I've been asking in the first place!!

WHAT DOES IT MEAN "SOME EVIDENCE OF THE VALUE OF THE DAMAGE" ?? I know I'll have to deal with it, and agaian, the only evidence I can provide or I can show then is the police report.

QUOTE]

That looks like you only evidence to me. It isn't proof but the police report should explain the accident as well. With that the plaintiff should have to explain how the rest of the damage happened in your accident.

And why would you state this?
(I only need the license for a few more months)
Hopefully not because you are leaving the state and therefor will get a license in another state while having a suspended Cali license.. Although you MAY get away with it, it is illegal.

The problem with the arguement in you last post as to it being a "reportable" accident is immaterial. You must have proof of financial responsibility anytime. When reporting it because of an accident, it is merely an opportunity for the DMV to check. The fact that the accident may not have needed to be reported makes no difference to them.

hoflix

I need the license for a few months more only because I'm a foreign student, and my visa expires somewhere in the summer.

But this actually just gave another idea: WHAT IF I keep driving using my out-of country license? I'm thinking about donating the car to my roomate, we will insure it on his name, and add me to the policy, with my out-of country license. So when or if I get pulled over, and will be asked for the license, registration and insurance, I will have them all, with no mention of the american DL. Will that work?

hoflix

Care to elaborate a little pls?
Why not? I mean, the officer will run the registration (my roomate), the insurance (my roomate and I) and the OUT-OF-COUNTRY license which DMV, CHP, LAPD or no-one else knows about.. and which is valid in US, of course.

10x

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">