• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How to Reposess a small business in Oregon

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

deannamaylek

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Oregon

I sold a business in November 08. A legal contract was drawn, signed, notarized. The buyers were in default of agreements nearly immediately. I verbally re-negotiated the contract for payments and interest, and that was also defaulted on. I then re-negotiated two small payments made in the form of direct deposit, insisting that this was the last arrangement that would be made--and this was also defaulted on. I am done negotiating and at this point am concerned about business inventory and clients and in how to reposess this business without damaging its operations, or furthermore, having her do anything to sabotage it or the clientele while she is losing it. I'm not sure how to go about taking it back either--she is so far monetarily in default, can I just send a notice of reposession and then lock her out of the business? Do I have to take her to court? Please tell me. Every one says get an attorney, but I have no money for an attorney because this was supposed to be my income while going to school full time. I need to handle this on my own, and need someone to tell me where to start. Hopefully there is an attorney reading this stuff for giggles who can give me some solid advice.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">