• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How well do you thibk the cameras took my plate?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigboi29

What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state?CA. I fear I may have ran a red light in San Francisco. With how high the lights are, how likely is it do you think it can take my license plate picture since the front was bent? Front and back license plate for clarification.

bigboi29

What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state?CA. I fear I may have ran a red light in San Francisco. With how high the lights are, how likely is it do you think it can take my license plate picture since the front was bent? Front and back license plate for clarification.
I unfortunately can’t paste the picture. I meant the front left side was bent and I can barely see the first digit (but can still see it). How likely is it that if I can see it from my phone camera the red light camera could see it too? And if I haven’t gotten anything after 15 days (it says 15 days after the incident ill get mail) that means I’m good right?

quincy

I unfortunately can’t paste the picture. I meant the front left side was bent and I can barely see the first digit (but can still see it). How likely is it that if I can see it from my phone camera the red light camera could see it too? And if I haven’t gotten anything after 15 days (it says 15 days after the incident ill get mail) that means I’m good right?
Whether your bent license plate number was captured on camera and/or whether you will get a ticket after 15 days is a question mark. Mail service is not all that reliable right now so you could find a ticket showing up in your mailbox a few days later than expected.

You should get your license plate “unbent” before you are stopped by the police for driving with a bent plate.

Good luck.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
This was answered, in depth, on the other forum that most of us post on...

bigboi29

Whether your bent license plate number was captured on camera and/or whether you will get a ticket after 15 days is a question mark. Mail service is not all that reliable right now so you could find a ticket showing up in your mailbox a few days later than expected.

You should get your license plate “unbent” before you are stopped by the police for driving with a bent plate.

Good luck.
Well basically 1. To be clear if I can see the first number on my phone camera don’t you thibk the red light camera will be able to see it? 2. How will I be able to be identified? Mind you my rear plate is like that but my front plate is quite legible. 3. If I haven’t gotten anything in 3-4 weeks (past 15 days) how likely do you think I’m good?

quincy

Well basically 1. To be clear if I can see the first number on my phone camera don’t you thibk the red light camera will be able to see it? 2. How will I be able to be identified? Mind you my rear plate is like that but my front plate is quite legible. 3. If I haven’t gotten anything in 3-4 weeks (past 15 days) how likely do you think I’m good?
I don’t know whether you will get a ticket or not. If the plate can’t be read, you might escape getting a ticket. I guess you will have to wait and see.

And, again, I recommend you get your plate fixed.

The best way to avoid red light tickets, by the way, is to not run red lights.

edit to add: I don’t post to, or generally read, other forums. :)

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
Who knows? Maybe someone will be irked enough about only seeing a partial to look up the make and models that color with the same partial. Doubtful, but no less likely than some of the other concerns that you have posted about in your other threads.

quincy

Who knows? Maybe someone will be irked enough about only seeing a partial to look up the make and models that color with the same partial. Doubtful, but no less likely than some of the other concerns that you have posted about in your other threads.
Oh! I just reviewed bigboi29’s posting history on this forum.

bigboi29, you had concerns about a red light camera ticket in April of this year, too. You really have to stop running red lights before you kill yourself or others.

adjusterjack

I’m good right?
No. Your bent plates are a violation. Front and back bent the same way. Obviously intentional. It's inevitable that you will get cited for them.

This was answered, in depth, on the other forum that most of us post on...
The photos of the plates are there, too.

edit to add: I don’t post to, or generally read, other forums. :)
We would welcome you there with open arms.

zddoodah

how likely is it do you think it can take my license plate picture since the front was bent?
You're likely to get the same responses here that you got at the other cite where you posted the exact same question.

While your situation is a legal one, your question does not raise any legal issue, and no one here has any hope of speaking intelligently about the likelihood of some random camera having nailed you. You'll find out within the next few weeks. It would be silly not to assume that the cameras in question work for their intended purpose.

if I haven’t gotten anything after 15 days (it says 15 days after the incident ill get mail) that means I’m good right?
What is "it"?

What if someone gives you an unequivocal, affirmative response to this question but then you receive a ticket after 20 days?

You'll either get a ticket or you won't. After a month or two, you can probably assume you won't see anything, and the more time that passes, the less likely it will be that you'll see anything.

quincy

The thing about a person posting the same question on multiple sites is that the person expects, reasonably perhaps, to get a wider range of opinions and information. A person does not expect to have the same people answering the question multiple times.

An important reminder: FreeAdvice is a business that competes with other like-businesses for internet traffic. Also important: Not everyone who posts to FreeAdvice posts to multiple sites.

Zigner

The thing about a person posting the same question on multiple sites is that the person expects, reasonably perhaps, to get a wider range of opinions and information. A person does not expect to have the same people answering the question multiple times.

An important reminder: FreeAdvice is a business that competes with other like-businesses for internet traffic. Also important: Not everyone who posts to FreeAdvice posts to multiple sites.
Everything you say is true, but, for this topic, the fact is that the majority of people who responded on that site also post on this site. The information won't change from site to site.

quincy

Everything you say is true, but, for this topic, the fact is that the majority of people who responded on that site also post on this site. The information won't change from site to site.
The information won’t change unless what is posted on other sites is incorrect. ;)

For this topic, this thread, those who post elsewhere have already answered the question elsewhere. Presumably, bigboi29 has already read what was written elsewhere. Certainly it won’t hurt to keep repeating the same thing over and over again - and perhaps some posters need to have the same information posted over and over again - but I question why the need to keep telling a poster the question was answered elsewhere.

Zigner

The information won’t change unless what is posted on other sites is incorrect. ;)

For this topic, this thread, those who post elsewhere have already answered the question elsewhere. Presumably, bigboi29 has already read what was written elsewhere. Certainly it won’t hurt to keep repeating the same thing over and over again - and perhaps some posters need to have the same information posted over and over again - but I question why the need to keep telling a poster the question was answered elsewhere.
I see your point, and posters are certainly free to post their questions in multiple forums. In this case, the OP won't receive any different answers than were received in another forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">