• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

husband arrested for nsf

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state?Oregon. there was fraud going on in my husbands checking account due to some one taking money out which caused him to overdraw. he closed that account and opened a new one. he is a disabled vet and only gets paid once a month so when a business contacted him regarding a nsf he told them he could not pay them until the first of the month. when he wrote the check there was money in the accunt to cover the check. he voluntary went in and paid the check plus the fee's. the business told him to go to local sheriff office to prove he paid it the a deputy made a copy of the receipt and told my husband to go to District attorney office and let them see receipt and he went there and they copied receipt. the next day DA office called my husband on phone and told him he had to to go sheriff's office to be arrested for the nsf check. my husband reminded them he paid the check and they said it doesn't matter. we went to sheriff's office and a city cop came in said this is bs and the cop called the distict attorney and the DA told the cop to arrest my husband. so my husband got arrested for a $51.00 dollar check the day after he paid the check. District attorney has full knowledge that he paid the check. not only did my husband get arrested the local paper in their news of record section reported that my husband was arrested for bouncing a check. So tell me please what can we do about this. We want the charges dropped because we feel he is being punished for being a crime victim and we also feel this is bull crap it is going to cost alot of money to prosecute this plus the humiliation of the newspaper article. I would love the sue the power hungry piece of crap DA if possible. I know this sounds real stupid but this actually happened :mad:

Veronica1228

SkeeterBug said:
What is the name of your state?Oregon. there was fraud going on in my husbands checking account due to some one taking money out which caused him to overdraw. he closed that account and opened a new one. he is a disabled vet and only gets paid once a month so when a business contacted him regarding a nsf he told them he could not pay them until the first of the month. when he wrote the check there was money in the accunt to cover the check. he voluntary went in and paid the check plus the fee's. the business told him to go to local sheriff office to prove he paid it the a deputy made a copy of the receipt and told my husband to go to District attorney office and let them see receipt and he went there and they copied receipt. the next day DA office called my husband on phone and told him he had to to go sheriff's office to be arrested for the nsf check. my husband reminded them he paid the check and they said it doesn't matter. we went to sheriff's office and a city cop came in said this is bs and the cop called the distict attorney and the DA told the cop to arrest my husband. so my husband got arrested for a $51.00 dollar check the day after he paid the check. District attorney has full knowledge that he paid the check. not only did my husband get arrested the local paper in their news of record section reported that my husband was arrested for bouncing a check. So tell me please what can we do about this. We want the charges dropped because we feel he is being punished for being a crime victim and we also feel this is bull crap it is going to cost alot of money to prosecute this plus the humiliation of the newspaper article. I would love the sue the power hungry piece of crap DA if possible. I know this sounds real stupid but this actually happened :mad:
Did your husband file a police report and fill out affidavits at the bank for the fraud against the account?

response

Yes he filed a police report but it was a waste of time the police even said so because we live in oregon our bank is in West Virginia and the thieves are in Utah. There is nothing the cops can do and yes the bank knows there was fraud because the bank closed the account because of fraud. The cops told my husband to file a report with the FBI and IF there is enough complaints against the party who took money then they may investigate. The district attorney doesn't give a crap all he wants to do is to teach my husband a lesson. I want to know what we can do as far as the maggot who is the DA here.[red]I want to see the DA burn in hell[/red]

HomeGuru

SkeeterBug said:
Yes he filed a police report but it was a waste of time the police even said so because we live in oregon our bank is in West Virginia and the thieves are in Utah. There is nothing the cops can do and yes the bank knows there was fraud because the bank closed the account because of fraud. The cops told my husband to file a report with the FBI and IF there is enough complaints against the party who took money then they may investigate. The district attorney doesn't give a crap all he wants to do is to teach my husband a lesson. I want to know what we can do as far as the maggot who is the DA here.[red]I want to see the DA burn in hell[/red]

**A: you could shoot him.

Veronica1228

You know, this isn't a legal suggestion, but if you really want revenege (and you don't want to go to jail by following HG's suggestion) you could turn the tables on the DA and alert the media. My local TV stations have programs where the "little people" can report some kind of injustice and they will report on it. I have seen them make large corporations, government/municipal agencies, private people, look stupid and back down.

It might pressure the DA to back off and also vindicate your husband in the public eye.

I am not talking revenge i want justice. There is no tv stations here. the closest one is out of state and the in state tv stations are over 300 miles away. the local rag in my opinion should be sold next to the enquirer. I am not trying to be rude but what part legally can we do is people not understanding. . come on I want to bankrupt the SOB. I would love to see him in trouble for doing this. for everyones info the legal system here in this town is run by corrupt people. what I find funny in a way is the cops are on our side on this one they tried to get the DA to back off

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">