• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hypothetically Speaking

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DanielZ

Tom and Harry are riding in a car with a large amount of fake credit cards but all the cards have only Tom's name on them. If the cops search the card and find the cards, Who goes to jail?

quincy

Tom and Harry are riding in a car with a large amount of fake credit cards but all the cards have only Tom's name on them. If the cops search the card and find the cards, Who goes to jail?
It depends, among other things, on what country Tom and Harry were riding around in when they were stopped.

We do not entertain hypotheticals on this forum but, if you are either Tom or Harry, you would be smart to hire an attorney.

Just Blue

Tom and Harry should say Dick gave them the cards!! :rolleyes::p

adjusterjack

In the US, probably Tom. What's likely to happen is both get arrested, Tom gets charged with a big crime, Harry gets charged as an accessory and is offered a plea bargain where the charges get dropped if he testifies against Tom. Harry agrees and Tom goes up the river.

Outside the US, in some countries Tom and Harry will just have their hands cut off or they will be thrown to the lions.

quincy

DanielZ, if you haven't gotten the idea yet, this site handles US law questions and US legal concerns only. If yours is a real legal situation, please provide us with the name of your state. If this is just a hypothetical question, though, we still do not entertain hypothetical questions on this site. We merely entertain ourselves with them.

Silverplum

Men don't know what to do with a pile of credit cards. They should have been IN a MALL, buying shoes and dresses and presents and jewelry!

:cool:

quincy

Men don't know what to do with a pile of credit cards. They should have been IN a MALL, buying shoes and dresses and presents and jewelry!

:cool:
Men do too know what to do with a pile of credit cards. They know to hand them over to their wives. :)

CdwJava

Actually, NO ONE would be in trouble for being in possession of Tom's credit cards.

The reason? There is no reason to believe they are "fake" unless one of the pair has a Perry Mason moment and confesses to producing or knowing the cards were fake. There would be no probable cause to seize the cards on a traffic stop and investigate, and there is no means on the side of the road for the officer to determine whether the cards are valid or not.

So, the officer stops Tom and Harry and searches the car, he may ask some questions as to why so many cards, but absent something more, Tom and Harry will be on their way WITH the cards.

Just Blue

If they get arrested they shouldn't say Dick.

As in "I'm not saying Dick without my lawyer."
Well...That was kinda what I was saying in a backhanded way. ;):D

But I agree with Silver...

Man NEVER know what to do with CC's.

I, on the other hand, would have GREAT FUN!! Complete spa treatment. Then the mall!!

As Wilma and Betty say: "CHARGE IT!!!!!!!!!!!" :)

Silverplum

I went to the big mall yesterday, for the first time in a year. I may have an elevated sense of shopping still lingering around my head.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">