• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I don't know what to do

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

debreb4

What is the name of your state? CA
My question is a two part question. I have a date for a trial setting conference next week and can no way afford a lawyer. I have also tried every alternative possible. ( the divorce is slightly more complicated for legal aide because there is a 401K involved. Also, I have tried law schools etc.) What do I need to prepare for this. Also, my husband gave me a vehicle which he now has back in his possession and he will only return it to me if I write something up, sign it and have it notarized saying I will not ask for anything from him. If I do this, I will get the vehicle back. Now I really need it to sell for rent and food and I have tried my best to get a job after I got off of disability. I really want to work but nothing has panned out yet. I only was going to ask for the bare minimum until I got back on my feet and I was not the one who wanted this divorce. Beleive me I want to work without his help but right now I need the help. Should I sign a paper for the vehicle to be returned to me (It is not in my name.)? It is definitely a Catch-22 situation.

moburkes

My question is a two part question. I have a date for a trial setting conference next week and can no way afford a lawyer. I have also tried every alternative possible. ( the divorce is slightly more complicated for legal aide because there is a 401K involved. Also, I have tried law schools etc.) What do I need to prepare for this. Also, my husband gave me a vehicle which he now has back in his possession and he will only return it to me if I write something up, sign it and have it notarized saying I will not ask for anything from him. If I do this, I will get the vehicle back. Now I really need it to sell for rent and food and I have tried my best to get a job after I got off of disability. I really want to work but nothing has panned out yet. I only was going to ask for the bare minimum until I got back on my feet and I was not the one who wanted this divorce. Beleive me I want to work without his help but right now I need the help. Should I sign a paper for the vehicle to be returned to me (It is not in my name.)? It is definitely a Catch-22 situation.
No, of course not.

LdiJ

You really need to try to get your family to help you get an attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">