• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I have a question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Neal1421

What is the name of your state?TN

My company switched the health insurance provider as of 01/01/06. I was covered by the previous insurance provider up until 12/31/05.
Here's my question. I went to the doctor for a scheduled annual checkup on 12/29/05. If my doctor has not yet filed the insurance claim, can the previous insurace carrier deny it once it has been filed since I am no longer covered by them.

usaohol

If your policy was active until 12-31-05 then they will cover what ever is allowed under your policy up until that date. Even though your policy is now termed, they still cover what was incurred during the active period, so long as it is filed within their timeliness guidelines.

Neal1421

Thanks. I figured that would be the case I just wanted to make sure because the new insurance's coverage is not as good as the old was.

ablessin

Correct, the old policy will and should pay any and all claims up to termination date.

That is, of course, provided it would be a covered service. A routine care visit probably falls under that benefit unless your plan didn't cover routine care.

Make sure the physician files within the filing frame. Depending on where you live and what insurance it was, it could be as little as 60 days. Blue Cross/Blue Shield gives a 90 day file limit for example.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">