• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I have been injured by someones personal actions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nanobrain

What is the name of your state? washington

I have been injured by someones personal actions. This person has caused me great pain and suffering by her telling someone my personal business. Which led to my girl friend spending $6000 on child custody lawyers. Thus preventing us from being together anymore. :eek: Since she interjected herself into my personal affairs with her actions, I think that she has some liability for damages. This person received a settlement with an insurance company for about 1/2 a million dollars about a year ago. Do you think I have a case and what can I do about it? Thank you.

LdiJ

What is the name of your state? washington

I have been injured by someones personal actions. This person has caused me great pain and suffering by her telling someone my personal business. Which led to my girl friend spending $6000 on child custody lawyers. Thus preventing us from being together anymore. :eek: Since she interjected herself into my personal affairs with her actions, I think that she has some liability for damages. This person received a settlement with an insurance company for about 1/2 a million dollars about a year ago. Do you think I have a case and what can I do about it? Thank you.
Did she tell any lies, or did she tell the truth? If she told the truth, then she didn't defame you, therefore you would not have a cause of action.

quincy

This thread is from 2005!

I reported it to the moderator for a return trip to the archives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">