• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I have never had one like this before

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

PosseRider

What is the name of your state? Minnesota

Body shop owner here. I will try to keep it short.
Customer and insurance agree to repairs. over 4K
Customer comes out and gets car says looks great, I forgot my check book never pays the deductible of 750..... yea I know.
10 days later customer calls screaming that headlight is falling out - bumper is sagging, grill is painted and should be chrome (this has been proven a lie with before pictures) calls ins. co and wants them to stop payment on the money.:rolleyes:
Nope we all know car must go back to the shop.
Good. it comes back. its in my shop now. It came back with a dent in the fender, a very slight dent that screwed up the headlight. We fix it plus some other parts are needed that the customer insists upon, insurance says go ahead and submit a supplement. These are plastic pcs that are to go inside the bumber.
I demand the deductible up front.
We are here right now. All the work that the insurance said that the insured wants has not been completed at this point.
Customer wants to stop work now.
(he thinks to get out of here without paying again) NOT
I need a release of liability on this car.
Can some give me some wording or a form so that this kid does not come back and take me to court cause bolts were loose or fender is askew or any such thing.
Yea thats another thing, bolts were loosened on this car when I got it back the 2nd time.
I need some protection here.
Anyone?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">