• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

i lost a year waiting!!!!!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

colorado46

What is the name of your state? new jersey,i work in nursing home,i fell broke my shoulder had two surgeries,after my second one i hired a lawyer on june 2005,right after the insurance co.send me a voluntary award in writting, a check every month,they offered me the money.suddenly they stopped the payments and owe $5000,nor my lawyer or anybody from the insurance has any idea why they stopped the payments,furthermore,seven months ago lawyer requested medical records and they never send it,whats is going on?my lawyer is not doing anything the insurance is making a foul of me?am in point ZERO.what i do, am sad,please advise.thank you

weenor

What is your lawyer saying. It sounds to me like that sent you all of the benefits you are entitled to under the law. Once you reach maximum medical improvement (end of treatment) the weekly checks stop. The company offers you a payment for your permanent impairment as assigned by the doctor. If you accept and sign a release, your done. Your attorney had you sign a release to obtain records directly from the medical providers. He should be order records from the providers and staying on them to provide copies. If you don't like your attorney, get another. I suspect much of this has been explained to you and your just hoping for some windfall. Doesn't work that way in workers comp.

colorado46

i returned to work

am not talking about wc checks when you are unable to work i returned to work but i have a 15% disability according to the insurance doctor.the insurance co. offered me an award of$13.000 acccording to WC law of NJ,i didnt asked for the money they send me that offer in writting.and told me will be send in a monthly basis.but they stopped the payments and according to their offer they owe me$5.000.My lawyer requested my recors from my employer insurance co. My lawyer is certified as a WC lawyer but it seems that something is going wrong with him, so since a started with this case a year ago, i have nothing, he did nothing. Thank you for your reply.

colorado46

am here again

colorado46 said:
am not talking about wc checks when you are unable to work i returned to work but i have a 15% disability according to the insurance doctor.the insurance co. offered me an award of$13.000 acccording to WC law of NJ,i didnt asked for the money they send me that offer in writting.and told me will be send in a monthly basis.but they stopped the payments and according to their offer they owe me$5.000.My lawyer requested my recors from my employer insurance co. My lawyer is certified as a WC lawyer but it seems that something is going wrong with him, so since a started with this case a year ago, i have nothing, he did nothing. Thank you for your reply.
can somebody give more advice about this problem?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">