• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I Manage Our Money/He Pays Child Support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I agree none of these things are "mine" bad choice of words. They are all OURS. We are both signed onto everything TOGETHER. Accounts, bills, everything and it has always been that way since even before we got married. With the case of his daughter, as I said, legally perhaps I do not have any business to discuss the child support issue, but essntially it is his choice to have me deal with all of our money matters, including the matter of his daughter's child support. I don't think how the act happened matters, though yes I did really ask about all of his previous relationships, including sexual details.
LEGALLY HIS SPERM and where it ends up (unless it is in you) DOES NOT belong to you. LEGALLY, your vagina does not belong to him. UNTIL those things change LEGALLY you have no legal duty or responsibility when it comes to child support.

F

frostyisis

LEGALLY HIS SPERM and where it ends up (unless it is in you) DOES NOT belong to you. LEGALLY, your vagina does not belong to him. UNTIL those things change LEGALLY you have no legal duty or responsibility when it comes to child support.
I don't disagree, legally. But it is his choice to have me deal with ALL of OUR money issues. Including the child support. Therefore it is not only his responsibility in a legal sense but its also my responsibility as his wife and as a part of our family with OUR money and OUR interests. Perhaps not "legally" but essentially thats how it boils down.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I don't disagree, legally. But it is his choice to have me deal with ALL of OUR money issues. Including the child support. Therefore it is not only his responsibility in a legal sense but its also my responsibility as his wife and as a part of our family with OUR money and OUR interests.
You are really thick. THIS IS A LEGAL BOARD. YOU have no say so. You have no rights when it comes to his daughter and the child support being made. YOU need to understand that.

CSO286

<snip> With the case of his daughter, as I said, legally perhaps I do not have any business to discuss the child support issue, but essntially it is his choice to have me deal with all of our money matters, including the matter of his daughter's child support.
Ok, then why don't you try to take the matter into court?
Go to CSED and ask to open a child support case between DH and Mom.

Or go and file file a the paperwork and show up in court with the intent of arguing DH's case.

OP, you don't get it...
You--have no legal positon here. none. zip. no standing whatsoever.

You don't get to investigate how the money is spent.
You don't get to know if it pays the child's sports fees or buys mom a latte or a KVZ handbag.

Mom doesn't have to justify anything to you or even talk to you--and if I were Mom here, I'd not say a word to you.

Last edited:

TinkerBelleLuvr

The child came BEFORE you ever showed up in the picture. HIS obligation comes FIRST AND FOREMOST. When you marry a guy with kids, THEY come first.

If you are curious, go to a child support calculator for Florida and see what hubby would actually be paying in support. Impute minimum wage for mom. You know hubby's figures.

Then, you present the numbers to your husband so that HE can decide what is right.

F

frostyisis

The child came BEFORE you ever showed up in the picture. HIS obligation comes FIRST AND FOREMOST. When you marry a guy with kids, THEY come first.

If you are curious, go to a child support calculator for Florida and see what hubby would actually be paying in support. Impute minimum wage for mom. You know hubby's figures.

Then, you present the numbers to your husband so that HE can decide what is right.
Thank you for the advice, that was all I came for:) I have gone to the site and see that we are sending a very comparable amount. I really appreciate it! All I came here for was to see if we were sending enough without going through courts/lawyers because I KNOW that is not my husband's wish, I simply thought the background info would be helpful. It is my husband's wish for me to keep track of all of our money though... Thanks again!

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Thank you for the advice, that was all I came for:) I have gone to the site and see that we are sending a very comparable amount. I really appreciate it! All I came here for was to see if we were sending enough without going through courts/lawyers because I KNOW that is not my husband's wish, I simply thought the background info would be helpful. It is my husband's wish for me to keep track of all of our money though... Thanks again!
Actually hubby is not when it comes to holding money back for two months or whatever. That amount would be EVERY MONTH and not held whenever your hubby didn't feel like paying it.

F

frostyisis

You are really thick. THIS IS A LEGAL BOARD. YOU have no say so. You have no rights when it comes to his daughter and the child support being made. YOU need to understand that.
The advice I was seeking was not whether or not I have legal rights in this case, but simply what is the legal amount of child support for a 10 year old in Miami, how much is enough, a way to find out without going through courts and with background info. The fact that my husband entrusts me with his EVERYTHING is neither really here nor there. Just explains why it is me not him asking these questions.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
The advice I was seeking was not whether or not I have legal rights in this case, but simply what is the legal amount of child support for a 10 year old in Miami, how much is enough, a way to find out without going through courts and with background info. The fact that my husband entrusts me with his EVERYTHING is neither really here nor there. Just explains why it is me not him asking these questions.
Why did YOU contact an attorney in May 2009 to ask about legal issues? NOT your business. And hubby is NOT paying enough if he is not paying that amount EVERY month.

F

frostyisis

Actually hubby is not when it comes to holding money back for two months or whatever. That amount would be EVERY MONTH and not held whenever your hubby didn't feel like paying it.
It was not that my hubby didn't feel like paying it, my stepdaughter's mother insisted that because we were taking her for those 2 months she didn't need the money until she returned at the end of her trip. Its an agreement that while she lives with us her mother doesn't need the child support.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">