• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I need objective views over a family dispute.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just Blue

No, it doesn't matter.
I'm not asking you to speculate on who you believe is objective or not.
But to read a situation as already stated objectively, and draw conclusions off it.
May I be any of these characters, it won't change what you can make of the situation one single bit.
Consult with a RE attorney in your area.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
Important part of the story is:
. Dad has EXTREME oblivious irresponsible immature mentality (like mentally 16yo)
. Son 1 has PRONOUNCED oblivious irresponsible immature mentality (like mentally 19yo)
. and Daughter is more of a responsible go-getter.
It's only is relevant if this is a professional diagnosis, and Daughter has been declared the legal guardian of her disabled relatives. Has she been granted a POA to handle her disabled relatives' assets?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I edited :
2. Daughter knows a good realtor, so Dad gives $160k to Daughter to buy a condo FOR THE 3 CHILDREN (under her name)
Any real property should have been placed in the names of all three children. The deed only listed Daughter apparently as the owner. Hence it is HER property.

Cpw vuk

No, that's not important at all. It's irrelevant.
That's only important for people who reads that to understand how can 2 people be so unconscious and oblivious for years of what's happening around them. If I didn't mention that, nobody could understand that part.

adjusterjack

"Nice" daughter, though - taking advantage of her "feeble-minded" family. <spit>
"Feeble-minded" LOL.

The first thing that crossed my mind was the "feeble family" that I learned about in science class when we studied genetics.

That's only important for people who reads that to understand how can 2 people be so unconscious and oblivious for years of what's happening around them. If I didn't mention that, nobody could understand that part.
It's irrelevant because nobody, especially not a lawyer, would have to understand that to provide a legal analysis of the arrangement.

What area though? Florida or NC?
Probably where the property and the daughter are located.

Regarding a possible exception to the Statute of Frauds, see the following:

Real Estate Contracts, the Statute of Frauds, and Exceptions to the Statute of Frauds | Jimerson Birr (jimersonfirm.com)

That link might disappear soon so save it quickly. You can google real estate exceptions to the statute of frauds and include the state in question for additional information.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
So, they are not incompetent from a legal standpoint. It sounds like your initial description is based on your opinion, not a professional diagnosis.

They are therefore held to the standard of a "reasonable person".

In other words, from a legal standpoint, it does not matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">