• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I need objective views over a family dispute.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

quincy

If you are at 41 no longer the oblivious irresponsible mentally immature person you were at 31, you should sit down with an attorney in your area and provide this attorney with all of the “objective” facts to see where you stand legally.

I personally don’t think you are entitled to any additional money. Son Number Two might be entitled to some (if not legally then morally). At 18, he is now of an age where he can seek out legal assistance on his own.

You have heard the opinions of several forum members. Take these opinions for what they are worth.

Good luck.

Just Blue

If you are at 41 no longer the oblivious irresponsible mentally immature person you were at 31, you should sit down with an attorney in your area and provide this attorney with all of the “objective” facts to see where you stand legally.

I personally don’t think you are entitled to any additional money. Son Number Two might be entitled to some (if not legally then morally). At 18, he is now of an age where he can seek out legal assistance on his own.

You have heard the opinions of several forum members. Take these opinions for what they are worth.

Good luck.
Among those forum members are two site vetted attorneys.

LdiJ

You don't know what caused me to lose 90% of my lifetime battling demons.
Stop polluting a serious thread with your immature takes, buddy.

Anyone with serious advices, you are welcome here.
I have given you serious advice, from financial, accounting, business and practical standpoints...as well as the shear legality of the matter.

Unless you can prove, with hard evidence, that a constructive trust exists/existed, then you have absolutely no leverage against your sister, and your assessment of what you and your brother are due would not get you far in court.

On top of that, I forget to mention capital gains taxes. She paid capital gains tax on the money from the condo, and capital gains tax on the money from the house, and she would have to pay capital gains tax on the money from the trailor park if it was liquidated. She like would have to pay depreciation recapture tax as well from all three items.

Cpw vuk

NO SUCH THING. She could not buy it under her name for the three of you to own. She bought it under her name for the three of you to live in maybe. But it was HER property. She was the only owner. If there was supposed to be a return on investment then that should have been reduced to writing. YOU ARE WRONG. YOU are due NOTHING.
Blows my mind that people here can't seem to have an ounce of understanding to what's going on morally here.
You may be right legally, but surely have zero compassion and ability to relate to a family losing everything to a family's member's greed + losing their loved one's trust forever.

I guess I will just seek legal advice.

LdiJ

Blows my mind that people here can't seem to have an ounce of understanding to what's going on morally here.
You may be right legally, but surely have zero compassion and ability to relate to a family losing everything to a family's member's greed + losing their loved one's trust forever.

This is a forum for legal advice. It is not a forum for sympathy.

Cpw vuk

I have given you serious advice, from financial, accounting, business and practical standpoints...as well as the shear legality of the matter.

Unless you can prove, with hard evidence, that a constructive trust exists/existed, then you have absolutely no leverage against your sister, and your assessment of what you and your brother are due would not get you far in court.

On top of that, I forget to mention capital gains taxes. She paid capital gains tax on the money from the condo, and capital gains tax on the money from the house, and she would have to pay capital gains tax on the money from the trailor park if it was liquidated. She like would have to pay depreciation recapture tax as well from all three items.
And I appreciate your advices.
Some members here like Just Blue just come spit their ignorant hate without any form of constructive advice or criticism.

So the words of 4 people against 1 don't count in court in that case?

quincy

This is a legal forum. The law is not always compassionate. It is what it is.

Just Blue

This is not a moral advice site, it is a legal site. And it's truly hard to have compassion for a grown man that is whining because he didn't get an equal share of something he put nothing into. Not money. Not work. Nothing. You sat back on your butt and let her do everything. You are getting exactly what you deserve.

Just Blue

Some members here like Just Blue just come spit their ignorant hate without any form of constructive advice or criticism.

Dude...I don't hate you. I don't know you. I gave you advice and criticism...you just didn't like it.

Cpw vuk

Pathetic potty mouth will get you banned, boy.
This is not a moral advice site, it is a legal site. And it's truly hard to have compassion for a grown man that is whining because he didn't get an equal share of something he put nothing into. Not money. Not work. Nothing. You sat back on your butt and let her do everything. You are getting exactly what you deserve.
You are speculating, trying to hurt my feelings, while being completely wrong about every single point you try to sound smart about.
Just get lost and don't talk to me, monkey.

LdiJ

Not really. They might go some way towards proving a constructive trust, they might not. Son 2 definitely won't count as he was a minor at the time. Other parties might not count depending on circumstances. An attorney in NC can give you a better assessment.

Cpw vuk

Dude...I don't hate you. I don't know you. I gave you advice and criticism...you just didn't like it.
No you didn't. Other members did though.
You only judged and speculated.
You have no idea what my sister did all those years, or me.
Please leave my thread.
I only am looking for constructive advices here. Last time I answer you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">