• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I need some help please

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mystic88

Excuse me.

First of all I did lose my job unvoluntary. I like my job and did everything I could to keep it.
@kim why does it seem like you are passing judgement on me for moving. My "now Fiancee" as you said it Needs to be left out of this, It had nothing to do with him.
In the county I lived it there was only 1 company that was Hiring and that was the company I had just left. I looked for work in other counties to try and stay in Florida but I had no luck. It was not a voluntary thing. I was promised a Good paying job here but That fell through when I arrived because the company had to hire someone else because I was unable to move at the original time because of the death of my father.

First of all I did lose my job unvoluntary. I like my job and did everything I could to keep it. ....
In the county I lived it there was only 1 company that was Hiring and that was the company I had just left. I looked for work in other counties to try and stay in Florida but I had no luck. It was not a voluntary thing. I was promised a Good paying job here but That fell through when I arrived because the company had to hire someone else because I was unable to move at the original time because of the death of my father.
They were hiring, but fired you? And you state you "left" the company, not that you were fired. This must of been one very small county if there is only one place hiring at that time....

Regardless, the courts could impute you a higher wage depending on their own interpretation of your story.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
First of all I did lose my job unvoluntary. I like my job and did everything I could to keep it.
@kim why does it seem like you are passing judgement on me for moving.
Because you *moved away from your kids*! Apparently for a guy (since you don't refute kimberley's assertion). That says something to a lot of us about your priorities. :mad:

My "now Fiancee" as you said it Needs to be left out of this, It had nothing to do with him.
*Really*? Did he move from FL to TN with you? Or was he already living in TN? I suspect the latter.

In the county I lived it there was only 1 company that was Hiring and that was the company I had just left. I looked for work in other counties to try and stay in Florida but I had no luck. It was not a voluntary thing.
I'm SO not buying that only one single place in an entire county was hiring. Maybe you'd have had to downgrade, but I have little doubt that you could have found something, "even in retail" with the holiday season coming, so that you could stay local to your kids.

I was promised a Good paying job here but That fell through when I arrived because the company had to hire someone else because I was unable to move at the original time because of the death of my father.
So where ARE you working now? ARE you working at all?

But yeah, don't expect your CS to go down.

Last edited:

tuffbrk

Oh please - what are we talking about here? $40 a week difference? Who cares?

She needs to be more concerned about doing the travel to exercise her visitation.

mystic88

I came to this Forum to get advice as to how to proceed in about my child support. Not to have you say things that you have no idea what you are talking about.
If it makes everyone happy I'll go ahead and tell all of you a story.
14 years ago I met the man who is the father of my two youngest kids. We had my Son, who was born with low Calcium levels. The hospital where he was born injured him. We sued and won. His father nor myself have control of his money. I prefer it that way. We had our Daughter 2.5 years later. We parted ways when she was 6 months old. She lived with me for a while. There was not custody paperwork at that time. He had our son and I had our daughter. We were never married and I did not know that because of that I actually had legal custody of both the children. (I know dumb on my part.) I ended up in a bad money situation and ended up moving in with him and his now wife and their daughter. For 2 years we all lived in the same house. I moved out and left the children with him not knowing that I had every legal right to take them with me. 1 year later I ended up living once again with them because of some bad advice I had received from a another person. There was a custody battle this time. I ended up losing because of a third party pulled in a few favors to make it possible for him to win. Can I prove this No because they had a Florida house rep. cover their tracks. At that time child support was set up for the kids. We agreed on an amount and I have been paying it just like I was was ordered by the courts. 6 years ago I met my fiancee in Florida where we both lived . My fiancee has been battling Leukemia for this whole time and still is. But that is another story.
My ex has threatened me, He has lied, cheated me and Bullied me for the last 10 years.
About my job situation I worked there for 4 years rarely ever calling in sick. I did my job to the best of my ability and it was not enough because of how the economy has become the company had to make changes so that they would still be productive.
I came to this forum to find out what could be done to help myself and my children. It seem to me that some of you here do not want to tell some one how to help themselves only make comments about someone who is not on this forum to defend themselves. As I said before this has nothing to do with my now fiancee. This has to do with me and a man who has played the system and so far has won. My children are more important to me than the games and the lies that he has told.

mystic88

Because you *moved away from your kids*! Apparently for a guy (since you don't refute kimberley's assertion). That says something to a lot of us about your priorities. :mad:

*Really*? Did he move from FL to TN with you? Or was he already living in TN? I suspect the latter.

I'm SO not buying that only one single place in an entire county was hiring. Maybe you'd have had to downgrade, but I have little doubt that you could have found something, "even in retail" with the holiday season coming, so that you could stay local to your kids.

So where ARE you working now? ARE you working at all?

But yeah, don't expect your CS to go down.
First of all I did not move for a Guy as you put it. I moved because I was promised a job. Second of all I worked at most of the retail jobs in that area already. Every time I went to put in apps for a job they had haired all the people they needed. And also at that time my father was in ICU. Fighting for his life which in Dec he lost.
Third I have a job. I have since mid-March of this year. I make 7.25 per hour but yes I am working. As well as paying my child support every week like ordered. From Oct of 2010 til I got this job I was receiving unemployment which they also took out my child support.

mystic88

None of this matters in your current legal situation. Read your original post and try to be objective.
Ok I Came here to get LEGAL Advice. What I have been getting is people passing judgement themselves. You are telling me to objective. If that is the case then Kimberlywrites How about some legal advice. What steps should I take to find out what is going to happen so that I am prepared? What can I do to protect myself from being taken for everything I have? Where should I go to get the answers I need?
Please tell the answers to those questions.

Proserpina

Ok I Came here to get LEGAL Advice. What I have been getting is people passing judgement themselves. You are telling me to objective. If that is the case then Kimberlywrites How about some legal advice. What steps should I take to find out what is going to happen so that I am prepared? What can I do to protect myself from being taken for everything I have? Where should I go to get the answers I need?
Please tell the answers to those questions.

You will - as you were told much earlier on - likely be imputed an income equal to what you were earning. At the very least, you need to be prepared to start paying guideline support.

mystic88

You will - as you were told much earlier on - likely be imputed an income equal to what you were earning. At the very least, you need to be prepared to start paying guideline support.
Thank You for giving a straight answer.
One other questions to find out exactly or a rough estimate of what I have to pay Do they combine my income with his and figure it out that way. I have already looked at the state of Florida child support guidelines table and it confuses me as to how it works.
Could you explain it better for me
Thanks

Proserpina

Thank You for giving a straight answer.
One other questions to find out exactly or a rough estimate of what I have to pay Do they combine my income with his and figure it out that way. I have already looked at the state of Florida child support guidelines table and it confuses me as to how it works.
Could you explain it better for me
Thanks

Yes, FL considers the income of both parents; click on the link, plug in your numbers and see what it spits out.

http://dor.myflorida.com/dor/childsupport/guidelines.html

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">