• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I need the child to stay in school and have a future

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DannyRamirez12

So you're suggesting I just call authorities to handle the home? Her mother takes her to Houston every two weeks and the girl is getting raped by her 27 year old stepbrother. She has tried to call the cops about it and telling her family about it but everyone thinks she's crazy. Her mother knows about it and doesn't seem to mind because it's family. I rather have the girl live with me and my son.

DannyRamirez12

I just need help to figure out how I can take her to the doctor so she can back to school. I took her to the hospital because she was having a panic attack and, now the school I enrolled her in are asking for a release form from the doctor. How can I take her to the doctor and get her back to school if her mother isn't cooperating with me. Her mother won't even take her to the doctor herself.

DannyRamirez12

I took her into my home since 3 months ago, and she has been the happiest since. I just need her to go to school. She only has 2 credits left to graduate

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
How do I obtain custody of a 17 year old child that lives with me.

The LEGAL answer to this question is, you don't. You have no standing to take custody of the child and the law will not give it to you. That's not, might not. That's, Will Not. It doesn't matter how many reasons you provide why you should have it or why it is better for the child that you have custody. You are not going to get custody. Period.

IF the mother agrees, then you *could* conceivably get guardianship, which will be sufficient for medical care and school enrollment. But you will only get that if Mom agrees to it.

The state will remove her from the home if they find that the conditions warrant it. But they will not place her with you unless you have qualified as a foster parent under their rules.

Silverplum

So you're suggesting I just call authorities to handle the home? Her mother takes her to Houston every two weeks and the girl is getting raped by her 27 year old stepbrother. She has tried to call the cops about it and telling her family about it but everyone thinks she's crazy. Her mother knows about it and doesn't seem to mind because it's family. I rather have the girl live with me and my son.
Untrue on its face.

Silverplum

I just need help to figure out how I can take her to the doctor so she can back to school. I took her to the hospital because she was having a panic attack and, now the school I enrolled her in are asking for a release form from the doctor. How can I take her to the doctor and get her back to school if her mother isn't cooperating with me. Her mother won't even take her to the doctor herself.
I thought the school was chock-full of nice people who help you skirt the law.

Proserpina

Pick a story, and stick with it. I'm starting to think you're "trying out" different stories because you're actually the boyfriend.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I wonder how the school even knows about this...Oh, wait, it HAPPENED at school, didn't it? I wonder if all the stress of the child running away from home and being taken in by her adult boyfriend and his mom has anything to do with the panic...

The poor girl...it seems (to me) like she's feeling trapped.

Proserpina

I wonder how the school even knows about this...Oh, wait, it HAPPENED at school, didn't it? I wonder if all the stress of the child running away from home and being taken in by her adult boyfriend and his mom has anything to do with the panic...

The poor girl...it seems (to me) like she's feeling trapped.
I'm extremely concerned about the welfare of this minor who is being subjected to rape on a regular basis.

I'm extremely curious as to why this was never even loosely mentioned until much later on in this thread. That she is now living with her boyfriend - and we'd be extremely naive to believe that their relationship is chaste - is not helping.

I'm extremely appalled that the apparent adult in this situation has been just fine with allowing this poor, severely abused minor to play house under her roof and that the first thing of concern is a potential schooling issue.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">