• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I really need some help with custody and school AGAIN!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mixedin82

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Virginia

I posted a thread here in August of 2009 and got some really good help and motivation, thank you to everyone who replied. This is the link to that thread but I have another issue relating to this.

https://forum.freeadvice.com/child-custody-visitation-37/i-really-need-advice-about-relocations-482493.html

She did move to Texas and I did get a hearing in October and the judge explained to her that moving the children is not in their best interest. The judge said my reasoning for expoditing the trial was not nesseccary but was glad to have heard about the case, thank you again for that advice. A trial date was already set for November 18th so she went with that. My request at the trial, based off of what the guardian ad litem suggested to me, was for me to have primary physical cutody during the school week and her to have friday, saturday, and sunday. The jugdes decision was pending she does not return the children to virginia by December 1st I would be granted my request, if she did then I will get the children on my 2 days off and on Sunday which either way was fine with me except the fact that her decisions about school and lack of interest in those matters.
She did return and moved in with her mother for one week. Her mother just married and was living in her leased townhome and her husbands home. Her mother let her move into her townhome while the children went to school using her mothers address and has been like that since. She gave me a change of address on March 9th for a move on April 8th and has decided to change their school again with 9 weeks left. The children attended school from Sep 8th thru the 15th and then withdrew then and did not enroll them in school in Texas until Oct 13th. They moved back on Dec 1st and was enrolled in a different school using her mothers address. Now she wants them to change schools again. My childrens grades are being affected by the moves she has put them through over the last 1 and a half years and I feel that if she cant give them a stable enviroment to learn in and will not help them with educational matters that directly reflect in their grades that something has to be done. My children are by no means stupid or incapable of performing well in school and their grades prior to all of the changes she has put them through reflects their level of competence and ability to perform well.
I want to file for primary physical custody, Monday thru Thursday what I asked for at the last hearing, becuase she is not helping them with the moves, lack of aid, ability, and concern with things that effect their educations. Any advice would be great, I just want to make sure that I am not making a bad choice. I simply want whats best for my children. Please help!

Banned_Princess

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Virginia

I posted a thread here in August of 2009 and got some really good help and motivation, thank you to everyone who replied. This is the link to that thread but I have another issue relating to this.

https://forum.freeadvice.com/child-custody-visitation-37/i-really-need-advice-about-relocations-482493.html

She did move to Texas and I did get a hearing in October and the judge explained to her that moving the children is not in their best interest. The judge said my reasoning for expoditing the trial was not nesseccary but was glad to have heard about the case, thank you again for that advice. A trial date was already set for November 18th so she went with that. My request at the trial, based off of what the guardian ad litem suggested to me, was for me to have primary physical cutody during the school week and her to have friday, saturday, and sunday. The jugdes decision was pending she does not return the children to virginia by December 1st I would be granted my request, if she did then I will get the children on my 2 days off and on Sunday which either way was fine with me except the fact that her decisions about school and lack of interest in those matters.
She did return and moved in with her mother for one week. Her mother just married and was living in her leased townhome and her husbands home. Her mother let her move into her townhome while the children went to school using her mothers address and has been like that since. She gave me a change of address on March 9th for a move on April 8th and has decided to change their school again with 9 weeks left. The children attended school from Sep 8th thru the 15th and then withdrew then and did not enroll them in school in Texas until Oct 13th. They moved back on Dec 1st and was enrolled in a different school using her mothers address. Now she wants them to change schools again. My childrens grades are being affected by the moves she has put them through over the last 1 and a half years and I feel that if she cant give them a stable enviroment to learn in and will not help them with educational matters that directly reflect in their grades that something has to be done. My children are by no means stupid or incapable of performing well in school and their grades prior to all of the changes she has put them through reflects their level of competence and ability to perform well.
I want to file for primary physical custody, Monday thru Thursday what I asked for at the last hearing, becuase she is not helping them with the moves, lack of aid, ability, and concern with things that effect their educations. Any advice would be great, I just want to make sure that I am not making a bad choice. I simply want whats best for my children. Please help!
I think you know what to do sir.

Document document document.

Then file.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">