• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

IAAL, blythe

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ambr

aahh....you totally ruined that mental picture. :(

had a picture of a really dashing, darked hair man dressed in a tuxedo doing these well executed bows - and of course, showing off that tush rather well. LOL :)

must be a woman thing - i just assumed it was you and the beagle.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Ambr said:
aahh....you totally ruined that mental picture. :(

had a picture of a really dashing, darked hair man dressed in a tuxedo doing these well executed bows - and of course, showing off that tush rather well. LOL :)

must be a woman thing - i just assumed it was you and the beagle.
My response:

Now you know why women "curtsy" instead of bow . . . if "stage actresses" bowed, their hooters, headlights, funbags, might fall out !

I live for moments like that.

IAAL

Ambr

you must love the award shows.

if by chance it actually is covered, they are usually popping out all over.

i want to start seeing the tuxedos that basically expose the body of all those hunky actors. :) i bet most women would agree.

and we aren't talking Howard Stern with those missing covers for his rear end that aired that one year. please!!!

LegalBeagle

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

I should have made that clearer. You see, our last writer to this thread said that she "enjoys the two" of us, and I presumed that the writer was referencing me AND "thestepmom" - assumed by me to be a woman (duh !).

The "curtsy" was for her !

IAAL
She could of course been refering to ME and you.. aparently, some people find that when we post on the same thread, a small amount of comedy appears..

Don't see it myself..

H

HumorMe!

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
However, like every rule, there are exceptions. There is only one StepParent who contributes and asks questions on this Board; and, it is she for whom I will answer questions. She is the only exception, and she knows who she is.
Um, I know of at least two. One of them is a man. Did you mean step-mother? That would make more sense... :p Then again, he doesn't ask many questions except rhetorical ones these days. :)

HM

D

DSRS

IAAL-

Just out of curiosity... and are you by any chance divorced? and has your Ex spouse been remarried? and Did your children if any, lived with your ex-spouse and her new husband who happens to be a step-parent?

I had never known a Lawyer who has a strong dislike toward step-parents with exception of one on this posts.

G

Grandma B

ROFLMAO--boy are you mistaken! I'll leave it to the Master to enlighten you as to his idyllic personal life sans the patter of little feet.

With 6 posts, you haven't been around long enough to witness the turbulence created by a multitude of steps.

If IAAL's vehemence toward steps wasn't directly caused by abuse on these boards, it was certainly exacerbated.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

DSRS said:
IAAL-

Just out of curiosity... and are you by any chance divorced? and has your Ex spouse been remarried? and Did your children if any, lived with your ex-spouse and her new husband who happens to be a step-parent?

I had never known a Lawyer who has a strong dislike toward step-parents with exception of one on this posts.
My response:

No, I have been happily married, going on 28 years. Neither of us has been divorced - - we were college sweethearts.

As I've also said in the recent past, we have no children - - by choice, and not medically; rather, out of selfishness. Mrs. Liable and I are both professionals; I, a practicing attorney for more than 21 years, and Mrs. Liable a freelance photographer. Simply, we have had no time for rearing rugrats.

StepParents are, in the vast majority of situations, a pain in the butt. They somehow feel annointed that, by virtue of their marriage to a bio-parent, as having some sort of legal rights - - and actually start demanding those "rights", even AFTER I've explained that they have NONE.

I've always found their demands to be incredible, and a bunch of nonsense. You'd be amused if you could hear some of the justifications and reasons they can come up with for needing, demanding, and wanting, such rights; and, right now ! - - especially the women when it comes to children who are not even from their own bodies ! The maternal instinct is extremely strong in most women. They will attempt to "take over" a child, full well knowing that there is a real mother out there who loves and sees the children - - and actually attempt to cut the bio-mothers out of the children's lives.

So, at least twice a week, I go into a monologue about why they are wrong, to stop what they are doing, and to sit back, and shut up.

Well, anyway, I digress.

Thanks for asking.

IAAL

[Edited by I AM ALWAYS LIABLE on 07-08-2001 at 12:41 PM]

E

EPS421

Congratualtions, Mr. Liable, on your long marriage with Mrs. Liable! (A rare thing, it seems, in today's day and age). I also commend you on your honesty in the often fragile subject of bearing and raising children. My husband and I have just recently celebrated our 21st anniversary...and if you ever get the hankering....we'd be more than happy to rent out our two teenage daughters in case you want a taste of raising rugrats!!!....believe me, our fees are cheap!

Hehe...have a good day :)

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

EPS421 said:
Congratualtions, Mr. Liable, on your long marriage with Mrs. Liable! (A rare thing, it seems, in today's day and age). I also commend you on your honesty in the often fragile subject of bearing and raising children. My husband and I have just recently celebrated our 21st anniversary...and if you ever get the hankering....we'd be more than happy to rent out our two teenage daughters in case you want a taste of raising rugrats!!!....believe me, our fees are cheap!

Hehe...have a good day :)
My response:

And, I too, humbly congratulate and tip my hat to you, dear EPS, on your long-lived marriage. A remarkable feat, indeed. Oh, my dear EPS, I could have it no other way !

Your kind offering of your daughters cannot be accepted. The tiny pitter-pattering of small feet in our abode would not be suitable in charge of such lovely people, for we could not give them the attention they are due.

Tomorrow, I leave for my fortress of Justice and begin the fight again - - to win the law for my clients ! And lest I should not be able to write you again I feel impelled to write a few lines that may fall under your eye when I am no more.

I have no misgivings about, or lack of confidence in the cause in which I am engaged, and my courage does not halt or falter. I know how the American legal system now leans upon the triumph of the righteous and how great a debt we owe to those who went before us through the blood and suffering of obtaining fair rulings and orders. And I am willing - perfectly willing - to lay down all my joys in this life, to help maintain this system of Justice, and to pay that debt.

EPS, my love for law and Justice is deathless, it seems to bind me with mighty cables that nothing but omnipotence can break; and yet my love of Justice comes over me like a strong wind and bears me irresistibly with all those chains to the courtroom.

The memory of all the blissful moments I have enjoyed come crowding over me, and I feel most deeply grateful to God and all writers to the boards, that I have enjoyed them for so long. And how hard it is for me to give them up for even one day, and burn to ashes the hopes and future years of other writers to the boards, when, God willing, we might still have lived, learned the laws, and loved together.

If I do not return, my dear EPS, never forget how much I loved you, nor that when my last breath escapes me in the courtroom, it will whisper your name . . . EPS, EPS, EPS.

Forgive my many faults, and the many pains I have caused all on these boards. How thoughtless, how foolish I have sometimes been!

But, oh EPS, if the dead can come back to this earth and flit unseen around those they love, I shall always be with you, and all my dear friends here, in the brightest day and in the darkest night . . . always, always . . .

And when the soft breeze fans your cheek, it shall be my
breath, or the cool air your throbbing temple, it shall be my spirit passing by.

EPS do not mourn me gone for not writing on Monday; think I am gone and wait for me, for we shall meet again . . .

Your loving, hopeless, romantic servant,

IAAL

[Edited by I AM ALWAYS LIABLE on 07-09-2001 at 01:11 PM]

E

EPS421

Okay...who the hell is ESP?

I have rarely been accused of being a mind reader...as I'm sure you have rarely been accused of being dyslexic, but my name is EPS!!

Whoever ESP is, I'm jealous that she had that delightful bit of whimsy written for her! Unless there was some pun intended by switching the order of letters in my name....in which case, it went completely over my head...no need to explain....I probably wouldn't comprehend the explanation either!

By the way, did someone tell you I was a redhead with a complete set of funbags?

Happy Monday!!

-EPS

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">