• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

IAAL/LegalBeagle...or whoever :)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MySonsMom

Ok, we called our attorneys office today to ask a few questions regarding the relocation. Our attorney was out today, so we talked to his assistant.

She said, that there is no "form" to send to the non custodial parent of the intent to relocate, that we just write up a letter and send it to her certified mail. Then, it is up to her to petition the courts to stop the move. She said that the "courteous" notice you give them to contest the move is 30 days. Then after the 30 days, our attorney will file the new orders (revised visitation that we have agreed upon) and then we can hit the road.

Does this make sense?

MSM

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

MySonsMom said:
Ok, we called our attorneys office today to ask a few questions regarding the relocation. Our attorney was out today, so we talked to his assistant.

She said, that there is no "form" to send to the non custodial parent of the intent to relocate, that we just write up a letter and send it to her certified mail. Then, it is up to her to petition the courts to stop the move. She said that the "courteous" notice you give them to contest the move is 30 days. Then after the 30 days, our attorney will file the new orders (revised visitation that we have agreed upon) and then we can hit the road.

Does this make sense?

MSM
My response:

The word is "whomever". Oh, whatever ! (just playing with you, sweets).

Yes, it makes perfect sense. You can use the form that I supplied to you, or you can write up your own letter. Just make sure that you are emphasising that you are merely complying with the law - - date of move, address, phone (if known), and other pertinent information stated as stated in the form.

Good luck MSM. I know you're going to need it - - because of the person you're dealing with.

IAAL

LegalBeagle

Oh no IAAL.. I just read the bad news pal.. no more trips to the cannabis clubs for all night dancing with the gals..

Hello MSM..

MySonsMom

IAAL,

Thanks for the luck, I know we need it. :) The more I think about it, the more I believe that this is probably what she has wanted all along. When it comes to being a Mother, she just doesn't try to be a good one. I can't believe that someone is just that dense and worthless without actually working at it. If we move out of the area, it will make it SO much easier on her. Which is sad, but the truth. I firmly believe that she does not want to fight this because she doesn't want him.....she never has. So looking at it that way, I hope I'm right. But the flip side, she does like to make things hard on us and cause problems; so I hope she doesn't fight it just to stall us or make it hard for us. Who knows with her, she is just so unpredictable that it's scary. Putting that aside, thanks again IAAL for all of your assistance. We will probably send her an email before we send the letter "warning" her that she will be getting it, and that it's formality that we need to send it to her. That way, she probably won't think anything of it when she gets it. I have sent her an email updating her on the progress of the relocation, and asked her if she still stands the same regarding not fighting us....She replied stating that she was not going to fight it and that our visitation agreement will work out fine. But then again, we all know how true her word is. You can't trust her with a thing. So we'll see.

LegalBeagle,

Hey stranger. I have been wondering about you lately. Drop me an email so we can get back in touch.

MSM

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Okay, kiddo.

But, just in case, and before you mail anything to her by Certified Return Receipt mail, it may be helpful if you posted your final draft of your letter to her for me to review - - and make any suggestions for changes.

I'm all yours, baby !

IAAL

MySonsMom

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

Okay, kiddo.

But, just in case, and before you mail anything to her by Certified Return Receipt mail, it may be helpful if you posted your final draft of your letter to her for me to review - - and make any suggestions for changes.

I'm all yours, baby !

IAAL
You got it babe.....Thanks!

MSM

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">