• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

identity theft of traditional artisans

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MariadelosAngeles

Why are you still working with this seller? It seems to me that your artisans would do well to find another distributor/seller for your works.

In the U.S., each U.S. state has different false advertising laws and publicity rights laws, so holding individual sellers in different states is not a do-it-yourself project.

I recommend that you seek out a law firm in Mexico that handles international law.

Where in Mexico do you reside?
We do have good legal counsel in Mexico.

We are working to obtain the formal legal support of the federal Secretary of Culture, if not that of the office of the President himself.

We have been advised by legal professionals to research the relevant laws in the United States and to contact a lawyer in the State of Ohio.

MariadelosAngeles

There is no identity theft.

You are not being harmed by the acts that you allege are occurring.

You really have no case, but feel free to contact an attorney for advice.
We ARE being harmed by the actions of businesses pretending to represent our interests.

When we try to address the market, people think that the pretenders are the real thing not us.

This is because the commercial dealers are considered to be truthful and of high ethical standards.

People purchase our jewlery primarily out of sympathy for us as authentic artisans and culture creators.

They are assured that artisans are benefitted by such commercial dealers who are only out for themselves.

There dDO exist commercial buyers who are old-fashioned and honest. But frauds do exist like in everything.

The buys would NOT like it if they knew that professions of ethical and humanitarian behaviour were fictitions.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney

We are working to obtain the formal legal support of the federal Secretary of Culture, if not that of the office of the President himself.

We have been advised by legal professionals to research the relevant laws in the United States and to contact a lawyer in the State of Ohio.
Then contact a lawyer in Ohio.

You can start at https://www.ohiobar.org/ in your search. Best of luck to you.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
We ARE being harmed by the actions of businesses pretending to represent our interests.

When we try to address the market, people think that the pretenders are the real thing not us.
They are selling YOUR product. I don't see any problem with them saying they are selling your product.

This is because the commercial dealers are considered to be truthful and of high ethical standards.
Not by anybody who knows anything about business.

People purchase our jewlery primarily out of sympathy for us as authentic artisans and culture creators.

They are assured that artisans are benefitted by such commercial dealers who are only out for themselves.
The artisans DID derive benefit from the sale of the product.

There dDO exist commercial buyers who are old-fashioned and honest. But frauds do exist like in everything.
You haven't shown that there is anything fraudulent about what your former customer is doing.

The buys would NOT like it if they knew that professions of ethical and humanitarian behaviour were fictitions.
It is those buyers who might have a case then.

MariadelosAngeles

They are selling YOUR product. I don't see any problem with them saying they are selling your product.

Not by anybody who knows anything about business.

The artisans DID derive benefit from the sale of the product.

You haven't shown that there is anything fraudulent about what your former customer is doing.

It is those buyers who might have a case then.
Yes, we have been advised this before - regarding a class action suit of defrauded buyers.

For this reason, I am trying to learn as much as I can about USA laws that might be relevant.

You say I have not shown anything fraudulent regarding what the customer is doing. Maybe
there is nothing fraudulent about it, still maybe there is. I just want to do some research is all.

quincy

You never mentioned Ohio before now but, yes, contact attorneys in any state where the problematic sellers are selling. You said Chicago, which is a city in Illinois, and “Carolina” of which the U.S. has both a North and a South. You will need to learn which.

You can put into your search bar: “Bar Association [State Name]” for a link or links to the State Attorney Bar Associations/Bar Organizations. There should be a clickable link on these sites with attorneys to contact, or go to https://www.attorneypages.com

Good luck.

MariadelosAngeles

There is no identity theft.

You are not being harmed by the acts that you allege are occurring.

You really have no case, but feel free to contact an attorney for advice.
I am rather sure that we can demonstrate the harm. Or rather the evidence we have will demonstrate it.

quincy

I am rather sure that we can demonstrate the harm. Or rather the evidence we have will demonstrate it.
Good. Have an attorney in your area (or in one of the U.S. states) review what you have. It is important to remember that the laws in each of our states vary, sometimes in substantial ways. The attorney you see should be able to tell you if you and the other artisans have a federal claim to pursue.

eerelations

I am a residente permanente in the state of Jalisco. That said, I am familiar with the silver products sold in your state, in fact, I have spent lotso $ on silver in Taxco. It's good that you are associated with a lawyer in Taxco; what you need to do next is have that Taxco lawyer contact an American lawyer to start your lawsuit. We can't do that for you...your Taxco lawyer has to do that for you. Good luck.

quincy

I am a residente permanente in the state of Jalisco. That said, I am familiar with the silver products sold in your state, in fact, I have spent lotso $ on silver in Taxco. It's good that you are associated with a lawyer in Taxco; what you need to do next is have that Taxco lawyer contact an American lawyer to start your lawsuit. We can't do that for you...your Taxco lawyer has to do that for you. Good luck.
Thanks, eerelations. I was hoping you would see this thread. :)

MariadelosAngeles

You never mentioned Ohio before now but, yes, contact attorneys in any state where the problematic sellers are selling. You said Chicago, which is a city in Illinois, and “Carolina” of which the U.S. has both a North and a South. You will need to learn which.

You can put into your search bar: “Bar Association [State Name]” for a link or links to the State Attorney Bar Associations/Bar Organizations. There should be a clickable link on these sites with attorneys to contact, or go to https://www.attorneypages.com

Good luck.
Thank you. Please don't think that I dont know that Chicago is a city. I know Carolina is North and South.
We just call it 'Carolina' here; the reference is to local artisans who presently work in tabacco agriculture.
I hope I am not imposing on your attention or that I am not supposed to be here. I am doing my research.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">