• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

if my bank sent me forclosure letter

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

michellsmalls

What is the name of your state?md

if i recieved a forclosure letter. can my for closure be stopped. what do i need to do. who can i talk to. i am in baltimore md, mortgage is about $1000.00. i need help !!!!

HomeGuru

michellsmalls said:
What is the name of your state?md

if i recieved a forclosure letter. can my for closure be stopped. what do i need to do. who can i talk to. i am in baltimore md, mortgage is about $1000.00. i need help !!!!

**A: yes you can stop it by doing what it says to do in the letter to resolve the default.

pojo2

Have you been talking to them or completely ignoring the situation? Have you ask them to allow you to make your regular payments and add an amount for 6 months to catch up the arrearages? Have you ask them if they can add it to the end of the loan (this will depend on the loan and who holds the paper)?

Next set of questions. Realistically if you could get a deal to make payments and split the arrearages over 6 months can you do it? Is it time to get the house on the market and sell it before foreclosure and you lose any equity in it? What circumstances brought you to this current place in time?

Last question is just a repeat of the first, have you been talking to them or ignoring the situation?

Good luck

HUD-1

Get in touch with a HUD approved non-profit housing counselor NOW.

GREATER BALTIMORE URBAN LEAGUE
512 Orchard St
Baltimore, MD 21201-1947
Phone: 410-523-8150
Toll-Free:
Fax: 410-523-4022
E-mail: [email protected]

NEIGHBORHOOD HOUSING SERVICES OF BALTIMORE,
244 North Patterson Park Ave
Baltimore, MD 21231
Phone: 410-327-1200
Toll-Free:
Fax: 410-675-1855
E-mail: [email protected]

michellsmalls

about that forclosure.......

state i am in is maryland.

thank you for your information. a co-worker's parent is going thru this.
i dont even own a house. i was just trying to help with information. and to confirm what i was telling her. everything you stated, i said the same thing.

thanks alot. you all are really cool people.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">