• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Illegally removed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

uniccco

North Carolina my wife had me illegally removed off the title of our expedition we purchased during our 3 month marriage the notary has been charged but we can tell who forged my signature because he put his stamp right over most of it , while it was being investigated my wife told them i signed willfully i sent the document to a foreresnic examiner and his results said I definitely did not sign it but could not include or exclude that my wife signed it because only two letters were readable the size and the formation of the letters ruled me out can she be charged with anything for lying

Last edited:

JETX

snostar said:
Speak to the police or DA, it may be considered obstruction of justice.
Clearly, too much Judge Judy!! There is NOTHING in this thread to even suggest that to be correct.

Since you clearly have NO idea what it is:
obstruction of justice
n. an attempt to interfere with the administration of the courts, the judicial system or law enforcement officers, including threatening witnesses, improper conversations with jurors, hiding evidence or interfering with an arrest. Such activity is a crime.

snostar

JETX said:
Clearly, too much Judge Judy!! There is NOTHING in this thread to even suggest that to be correct.

Since you clearly have NO idea what it is:
obstruction of justice
n. an attempt to interfere with the administration of the courts, the judicial system or law enforcement officers, including threatening witnesses, improper conversations with jurors, hiding evidence or interfering with an arrest. Such activity is a crime.
I love it when you tactfully correct me! :D
Now, can you explain to me why the fact that the wife lied to an investigator (which MAY have interferred with an arrest... yes or no) clearly would never be considered obstruction of justice...this is where I am unclear.

JETX

uniccco said:
can she be charged with anything for lying
No. Lying is not a criminal offense. If it was, the jails and courts would be even more crowded than they are.
The only possible charge I can see would be for forging your signature. However, two problems there:
1) Who did it?
2) Getting the prosecutor interested in what is basically a 'no victim' crime.

JETX

snostar said:
Now, can you explain to me why the fact that the wife lied to an investigator (which MAY have interferred with an arrest... yes or no) clearly would never be considered obstruction of justice...this is where I am unclear.
Gladly.

First, there is NOTHING in the post to even suggest that criminal charges are being considered. The OP only says that the notary has been 'charged' (unknown) and the wife's statement that he signed.

Second, for there to be 'obstruction of justice', there would have to be CRIMINAL interference in "the administration of the courts, the judicial system or law enforcement officers". There is nothing to suggest that is fact.

Without a criminal investigation and without interference.... means no obstruction.

snostar

JETX said:
Second, for there to be 'obstruction of justice', there would have to be CRIMINAL interference in "the administration of the courts, the judicial system or law enforcement officers".
Bare with me JETX, your first statement is clear to me. I can interpret this second one in two different ways, and neither one may be correct. Does this mean that the act itself which causes the interference must be illegal? Or, would any act interferring in "the administration of the courts, the judicial system or law enforcement officers" THEN be considered criminal in nature?

Whatever you do, don't sentence me to the same fate as coosi! :eek:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">