• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Illegaly towed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

luiso14

what do you mean? If your vehicle was improperly parked, then what other proof do they need? What do you think-that a tow company is going to sit there and WAIT for you to return to your vehicle, so that you can give an explanation of WHY your vehicle was parked there?????
That is the thing,,,, I was NOT illegaly parked,,,, the area was clearly designated for GUEST,,,,,, and there was no other sign,,,, I believe that there is something going on between the night guard and the towing Co,,,, I will investigate further with my friends,,, take pictures and will get back with you all,,,, in the mean time,,,,, thanks a lot...... Luis

moburkes

That is the thing,,,, I was NOT illegaly parked,,,, the area was clearly designated for GUEST,,,,,, and there was no other sign,,,, I believe that there is something going on between the night guard and the towing Co,,,, I will investigate further with my friends,,, take pictures and will get back with you all,,,, in the mean time,,,,, thanks a lot...... Luis

Have you contacted the company that towed your car? If so, did you ask WHY they towed it? If not, WHY haven't you?

wirry1422

You probably did do something incorrectly, Luis. My guess would be one of three things. First, the visitor parking possibly has a time limit, which you violated (your tires were marked and upon return of the tow truck, was still parked). Second, you may have been required to display a guest parking pass from the guard or building office, which you failed to obtain. Third, you may have been required to sign in with and notify the building guard that your vehicle was in guest parking. Since you failed to notify the guard, he assumed your car was illegally parked by someone not visiting an apartment, and he called for the tow truck to remove it.
However, it is certainly not guaranteed that you did anything wrong. There are defintely many shady private towing companies that routinely perform "patrol towing" and often tow vehicles in violation of building rules and city ordinances and state law. You'll also be lucky if your car was not also burglarized, or damaged during towing (transmission damage and damage to the wheels and undercarriage are common among cars towed by shady towing outfits.) If you were not in violation of any building rules and can obtain a statement or testimony in court of the tenant in the building whom you visited and someone from building management, you would be wise to fill a case in small claims court for reimbursement for the towing, any damages, and court fees.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">