• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I'm not pressing charges

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

angrymob

Straight answer? No, they won't throw the case out because we citizens of TX have no intention of subsidizing your boyfriend's hobby of beating you up.

YOU never had the option of pressing charges, even if you were gung ho to send him to Huntsville. The state (DA) presses charges. You are, essentially, only a witness to the crime.
You know, I find it interesting how easy it is for some people to call someone a liar on an internet forum when they have absolutely no knowledge of the actual circumstances. If you don't have a productive answer kindly keep your bile to yourself. Don't fall down and hurt yourself jumping to conclusions.

angrymob

So is there nothing I can do to help him? We have been together for 10 years (college sweethearts) and and as close as he has ever come to hitting me was when he tried to teach me how to play basketball and he bumped into me while trying to rebound the ball.
Save your time. No one here is going to believe anything that doesn't fit their narrow-minded view of life. They, like the police, the DA, and the judge neither believe it possible or care at all what you think. You are only to be belioeved when you say he did hit you, anything else and you clearly just aren't capable of making a decision or are clearly afraid. The fact that you were together for 10 years with no history of violence also will have zero bearing on what anyone thinks. Once the charge is made, it is virtually impossible to disprove, there is no innocent until proven guilty in domestic assault. Thank a feminist for that.

Last edited:

mommyof4

You know, I find it interesting how easy it is for some people to call someone a liar on an internet forum when they have absolutely no knowledge of the actual circumstances. If you don't have a productive answer kindly keep your bile to yourself. Don't fall down and hurt yourself jumping to conclusions.
Hmmm, are you the boyfriend who just happened to be hurling items off of a dresser with enough force that it resulted in your girlfriend getting her face stitched up in the ER and prompting a doctor to report a case of suspected domestic violence? :rolleyes:

mommyof4

Save your time. No one here is going to believe anything that doesn't fit their narrow-minded view of life. They, like the police, the DA, and the judge neither believe it possible or care at all what you think. You are only to be belioeved when you say he did hit you, anything else and you clearly just aren't capable of making a decision or are clearly afraid. The fact that you were together for 10 years with no history of violence also will have zero bearing on what anyone thinks. Once the charge is made, it is virtually impossible to disprove, there is no innocent until proven guilty in domestic assault.
Thank a feminist for that.
Thank the general public for getting sick of weak, pathetic bullies repeatedly getting away with keeping the little woman in line. ;)

fairisfair

Save your time. No one here is going to believe anything that doesn't fit their narrow-minded view of life. They, like the police, the DA, and the judge neither believe it possible or care at all what you think. You are only to be belioeved when you say he did hit you, anything else and you clearly just aren't capable of making a decision or are clearly afraid. The fact that you were together for 10 years with no history of violence also will have zero bearing on what anyone thinks. Once the charge is made, it is virtually impossible to disprove, there is no innocent until proven guilty in domestic assault. Thank a feminist for that.
Really???? which one???

And, yes, you are right, we all think that she is lying.

She on the other hand knows that she is lying.

and....you??? basically know nothing.

Not going 2 judge either way on this, however I have not seen any1 point out the two facts that bother me...

I understand maybe tossing things from bed to dresser when wanting to dust/clean, IF those items are maybe deodorant, hair brush or other non-fragile things. But a person wouldnt be throwing a glass frame, ESPECIALLY if it is as fragile as she states. Second... If she was so drunk, why would he be worrying about cleaning a dresser at that point??

Angrymob... There have been points that I have not agreed with the way some of the volunteers post, however in a case like this, I believe they are showing the negativity/doubts that she will be facing when she presents (or presented at this point) this story in court.

fairisfair

and we care what either one of you think about our postings???....becuz?????

now go clean your rooms...

oh, and tell everybody to GET OUTTA THE WAY.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

QUOTE]

wasnt trying 2 provoke any of you and I didnt post because I thought u guys might care, I was just offering him a touch of some of the same advice I have received back when I posted that I thought responses were rude. Im starting to read some of the comments with a different 'tone' in mind, and am finding that it does make a difference. Now this difference matters to me, but dont care if it matters to anyone else...

But do I really have to clean my room?? Have dishes I am putting off that I should really get 2 first...sigh...:(

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
QUOTE]

wasnt trying 2 provoke any of you and I didnt post because I thought u guys might care, I was just offering him a touch of some of the same advice I have received back when I posted that I thought responses were rude. Im starting to read some of the comments with a different 'tone' in mind, and am finding that it does make a difference. Now this difference matters to me, but dont care if it matters to anyone else...

But do I really have to clean my room?? Have dishes I am putting off that I should really get 2 first...sigh...:(
Dishes first then the rest of the rooms. Got it? Then go give Prettyria advice. She is waiting for you.

Just Blue

Dishes first then the rest of the rooms. Got it? Then go give Prettyria advice. She is waiting for you.
I am mainly posting to fix the quotes....Everyone can send me a little gift to say thanks...(make it at least 25 proof thanks...I just got off the phone with my ex and am in need of a restorative...:())

But PLEASE OG....Don't make luckie post to prettyria....We don't want to get that twit going again.....:eek:

Yes mam! - about the chores... But I think I will hold off on the advice order - I have been good with not trying to actually give advice, been mostly sitting back and watching/learning like was suggested. Advice like this is just small things toward someone I see reacting like I initially felt... :) But as I learned - you have to learn on your own, u can not be told... So probably shouldnt have even tried... lol

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Yes mam! - about the chores... But I think I will hold off on the advice order - I have been good with not trying to actually give advice, been mostly sitting back and watching/learning like was suggested. Advice like this is just small things toward someone I see reacting like I initially felt... :) But as I learned - you have to learn on your own, u can not be told... So probably shouldnt have even tried... lol
good Catt. Keep learning. When you start getting it then you can post. The fact that you have said you will hold off giving advice shows you are learning. We are mean, harsh and terse but we seniors KNOW our stuff. So learn. And maybe you will become a mean senior one day.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">