• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I'm sorry, I didn't know where else to post...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jmeva

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? VA

How can I get my text messaging records from my phone company (Verizon)?

After a stalking/harassment situation, I was instructed to keep all text messages that were sent by my stalker/ex. Although I haven't been able to get my day in court yet, I had saved all of the messages from my ex from the past year. I left my phone in my cousin's car this weekend, and it was returned with everything erased (by accident, according to him). I've been in the process of compiling a spreadsheet with all the details of the texts and calls, but never finished before these were erased. What can I do to get these records?

I've had MANY difficulties with Verizon in the past, with trying to get my call records for the same reason, and getting my phone turned back on when my ex called and got my phone cut off by falsely impersonating me.

What are my steps from here? I haven't been able to get the police more involved past filing the initial charges, and that was some of the last evidence I had for his recent contact with me. I feel like I've been left without a leg to stand on now.

Ohioccrh

I had the same basic situation and was told that an attorney or an officer of the court can get these detailed records from Verizon. Lay persons cannot. It would just be too hard on the cell phone companies. ( I agree- can you imagine if Everyone who had a txt war decided that they HAD to have the records?)
Contact your atty or the domestic relations department that you have filed your restraining order with. They should be able to help you.
I am not an attorney. I am just going by my own personal experience.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">