• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Impairament rating question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tjr5150

What is the name of your state? COLORADO
My question is i had my impairament rating done on 4/11/05 the pt told me my doctor would look it over and then they run numbers and go from there..
I am wondering if anybody might have an idea if the doctor figures in nerve damage into the rating? The pt was unable to answer my question..
Any info will be appericated..

BlondiePB

tjr5150 said:
What is the name of your state? COLORADO
My question is i had my impairament rating done on 4/11/05 the pt told me my doctor would look it over and then they run numbers and go from there..
I am wondering if anybody might have an idea if the doctor figures in nerve damage into the rating? The pt was unable to answer my question..
Any info will be appericated..
Don't you think that there's something wrong with a pt doing an impairment rating?

tjr5150

Don't you think that there's something wrong with a pt doing an impairment rating?
I don't know.. My doctor set me up with the appt. the pt had the computer and stuff to do the rating..She did not give me a number just the test for the doctor, he is doing all the numbers. never been through this part before..

ellencee Physical Therapists and physicians take nerve damage into consideration.
Thank you..

BlondiePB

I don't know.. My doctor set me up with the appt. the pt had the computer and stuff to do the rating..She did not give me a number just the test for the doctor, he is doing all the numbers
That's a horse of a different color. My concern was the rating % was being done by a pt rather than done by an M.D. I don't remember what your injury was. All I can say is that none of my impairment ratings (it's a long story), including IME ratings, were ALL done by M.D.s who also did the impairment rating tests.

tjr5150

That's a horse of a different color. My concern was the rating % was being done by a pt rather than done by an M.D. I don't remember what your injury was. All I can say is that none of my impairment ratings (it's a long story), including IME ratings, were ALL done by M.D.s who also did the impairment rating tests.
My injury was to my ankle, tibula, 6 screws a cadavers bone put in to replace most of tibula rebroke heel to restraighten it.. and a road map of scars around my ankle,foot,and calf..lol.. back on subject, i'm not sure why the doctor had the pt do the test, is this something i should confront him on or bring to attention to him?

ellencee

tjr5150
Confront the physician? not unless you want to shoot yourself in the affected foot!
Bring it to his attention? Do you think he is unaware that he is using the PT's evaluation as a tool in assigning the rating?
Ask him how the process works, including the input from the therapist? Yes; that would be beneficial.

The physical therapist is the one who will professionally state your maximum level of functioning and will professionally state any additional (longterm) therapy that you may need. That information is valuable to the physician as he evaluates your rating.

EC

BlondiePB

tjr5150 said:
My injury was to my ankle, tibula, 6 screws a cadavers bone put in to replace most of tibula rebroke heel to restraighten it.. and a road map of scars around my ankle,foot,and calf..lol.. back on subject, i'm not sure why the doctor had the pt do the test, is this something i should confront him on or bring to attention to him?
tjr5150,
Your doctor sending you to the pt for the testing is fine. The pt doing the testing per doctor's orders is fine. The pt sending the results, including further recommendations, to the doctor is fine. The doctor evaluating the testing and writing the report for your records and case is what is important. Just because your doctor sent you to the pt for the testing does not mean that the testing results are not valid - it's just what YOUR doctor does, not any of mine. Problems that occured with treatment were discussed with my attorney. If you are not having problems with your treatment, then you are in "good hands" with your doctor.

You are in litigation. Think about it this way, what report holds more weight when the time comes for a settlement: a report from a medical doctor or a report from a health care professional that is not a medical doctor. If you have any doubts about this, ask your attorney. Just wait for the report to be done by the doctor and get yourself a copy. You do have an attorney, correct?

I don't know about CO, here the impairment evaluation MUST be done by an M.D.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">