• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

"Improper Method of Giving Hand Signal" or "giving a cop the middle finger"

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silverplum

I have to be able to prove I wasn't violating the statute (which I do not know if I was or was not, because I don't have any experience with law or interpreting laws) and I did not know if an attorney would be able to prove that what I did was not violating. Thats why I came here, to find out if anyone knew "Yes, that is technically violating that statute"; "No, an attorney wont be able to win that battle for you because..."; or "You would tear that cop a new one if you took him to court for that". something along these lines.
That would be nice, wouldn't it?

The volunteers here help whom they wish to help, for free.

Antigone*

Ah, its hard to judge tone through text.

Regarding school: I was about 45 minutes late for Physics and had to make up the test. I was called down to the dean to wait 30 minutes only to be told he needed to talk to somebody about it first (possible suspension)

If I pay it: I have a $113 ticket, 2 points on my license, insurance cost increase

I don't know what I'm going to do, because I don't know if I can win in court. It seems like I should be able to, because this IS contempt of cop by -practical- definition. I don't know if it is by legal definition though.
Gee and to thing that none of this would have happened had you not acted like the juvenile punk you've grown up to be.:rolleyes:

Your parents must be proud:rolleyes:

pinkyrabbit

And that's it, right there.

If Carl would be good enough to back me up on this, I believe the official penalty for "Contempt of Cop" is "Make Having To Deal With It A Real Pain In The Ass". I doubt the police officer cares whether you win or lose. You've already experienced a considerable amount of inconvenience, as he knew you would.

So are there court fees involved with disputing the ticket if I win? Or would this cop have any kind of penalties for issuing a bogus citation? The hassle at school isnt a big deal and I can get through that easily, but when he xxx me over on my first violation, insurance rates, and $113 OR paying to get that stuff removed simply because I gave him the finger I feel that he has abused his position and done exactly the thing I flipped him off for in the first place.

I'm not saying "cops are out to get us", or "stick it to the man", just that this cop is a total XXX.

Last edited by a moderator:
Demurringdude hit the nail on the head. I have to be able to prove I wasn't violating the statute (which I do not know if I was or was not, because I don't have any experience with law or interpreting laws) and I did not know if an attorney would be able to prove that what I did was not violating.
And therein lies your quandary ~ and why you're likely not getting the kind of answers you like.

Who's to say? Perhaps said officer DID think you were using improper hand signals. Or perhaps, that's just what he'll say in court, should you choose to fight it.

Unless you have a citation that specifically states that he interpreted your gesture as a rude one, rather than an improper signaling? I doubt that's the case, since otherwise, you would have said so.

So, I'm just curious ... in court, for your defense will you really state that you didn't signal improperly, but had instead given in to puerile urges and given the officer the "bird?" And further, do you really believe that the judge will choose to believe you?

Or more likely, do you really believe that the judge will believe you AND not penalize you for it under the guise of NOT believing you? :cool:

You Are Guilty

Filed under "You can lease a horse to water..."

https://forum.freeadvice.com/open-technical-issues-requests-no-legal-questions-68/bird-word-507212.html

https://forum.freeadvice.com/other-crimes-federal-state-4/time-magazine-do-you-have-right-flip-off-cop-487070.html

https://forum.freeadvice.com/other-crimes-federal-state-4/has-illegal-police-486204.html

https://forum.freeadvice.com/speeding-other-moving-violations-13/ticket-using-middle-finger-close-helmet-visor-480303.html

https://forum.freeadvice.com/arrests-searches-warrants-procedure-26/help-my-first-amendment-rights-trouble-358088.html

Last edited:

pinkyrabbit

So, I'm just curious ... in court, for your defense will you really state that you didn't signal improperly, but had instead given in to puerile urges and given the officer the "bird?" And further, do you really believe that the judge will choose to believe you?

Or more likely, do you really believe that the judge will believe you AND not penalize you for it under the guise of NOT believing you? :cool:
Somebody likes corrupt government. It is 100% true (and believable) that I was in fact "giving in to puerile urges" because I have electric blinkers on my car and did not make a turn. Why would I signal with my hand? And if the Judge is going to use a guise to penalize me for something that is constitutionally protected, he shouldnt be a judge.

Antigone*

They lose credibility when four-letter words start flying faster than a humming bird on steroids. So when the OP behaves as this one does, chatting is most appropriate and warranted.

...Oh yea... and there is no "we";) (oh wait...wrong forum)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">