• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

In CA.. Process Server & Priv. Investigator separate?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

enricosuave263

What is the name of your state? CALIF

I recently obtained a process server license. In finding people I sometimes have to research and hunt people down either online or thru surveillance/interviews. Since 'investigating' is a necessary part of getting my job done, I get requests for PI work but don't know if I need an actual separate license for that as well in CALIF.

Is it necessary or just advised and what are the limits in regards to PI work that can be performed. I intend to do all this 'unarmed', so I'm not looking to carry a gun or anything. But if I have to sit in my car and wait for 2 hours outside an apartment building in my car and the police show up.. I'd like to be on solid ground as to why I'm there.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">