• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

In love with older

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MajSowell

What is the name of your state? Texas
Okay, I am now 15. That's all good. I will turn 16 in a week. So, here's my situation.
I am in love with an older guy. We are in love with each other I should say. How much older? He's 29. We haven't done anything except kiss and what not. We are going to wait until I am 17 before we do anything. Because, it would mean that our relationship meant something to the both of us if we could wait. Would it be legal after when I'm 17?

Happy Trails

MajSowell said:
Okay, I am now 15. That's all good. I will turn 16 in a week. So, here's my situation.
I am in love with an older guy. We are in love with each other I should say. How much older? He's 29. We haven't done anything except kiss and what not. We are going to wait until I am 17 before we do anything. Because, it would mean that our relationship meant something to the both of us if we could wait. Would it be legal after when I'm 17?
Age of consent is 17.

However, there are other laws he could get into trouble over.

From Texas statutes:

Enticing a Child (Section 25.04)

A person commits an offense if, with the intent to interfere with the lawful custody of a child younger than 18 years, he knowingly entices, persuades, and takes the child from the custody of the parent or guardian or person acting as a parent or guardian.

Just to name one.

Crazed98

MajSowell said:

No such thing as love at 15.

Just Blue

MajSowell said:
Sweetheart...I know I am most likely wasting my breath...but here it goes!

29 year old men ONLY persue 15 year old girls for two things...CONTROL and SEX!!
A NORMAL 29 year old ADULT male would not think of starting a relationship with a 15 year old CHILD.

At best this man is a loser...probably he is a child molester playing "games" with you.

Please talk to someone you trust about this...your mom, a aunt or teacher...anyone over the age of 21, for guidance and help.

Do your parents know about this man?
When and where did you meet him?

Please..please...please...don't do anything with this person!

bay

Happy Trails

MajSowell said:
We haven't done anything except kiss and what not.
It is the "what not", that could end up getting this guy several years in prison.

Any kind of sexual contact with this guy is a felony of the second degree.

Wolflmg

Kido, find a guy your own age or wait until you 18 to date him, otherwise he can get into serious trouble.

And a little heads up, don't have sex until your good and ready. 17 is not the age where your going to be good and ready. Wait until you have a couple of years of college under your belt. I've known plenty of firls who were all under 18 and all of them have gotten pregnant.

MajSowell

okay,
i understand that there are some people who think that there is no such thing as love at 15. but, i really do think that i love him. I have talked about my him to my grandmother, the person that i am living with, and the only thing that bothers her is the age difference. she knows him, my family knows his family. that is how we met. it all started when my grandmother and i went to his father's house. we kinda hit it off. i know hiw past, and no, he is not a child molester

You Are Guilty

MajSowell said:
i know hiw past, and no, he is not a child molester
You see, here's the problem - if he's 29 and "interested" in a 15 year old, then yes, he is. If you really like him as much as you say you do, do you really want to be the reason why he may end up in jail or with a criminal record?

Veronica1228

I'm going to tell you a little story about my friend Shelly. When we were 14 she started dating this guy, Mitch, who was 24. We thought we were so grown up and mature for our age, and Shelly thought she was in love with Mitch, so we didn't think there was anything wrong with it. Shelly and Mitch were together for 10 years. The last 4 years or so of the relationship consisted of Shelly growing up and trying to be her own person. Mitch didn't want that. He wanted to continue to CONTROL Shelly and be the boss. When Shelly would try to stand up for herself Mitch would hit her and yell at her and tell her she was nothing without him. Shelly finally got the courage to leave completely, but by then her self-esteem was in the toilet.

I know you are thinking that this would never happen to you, but remember that at the beginning Shelly also thought that she loved Mitch and he was really good to her. He treated her like she was a queen and lavished her with love and attention. THAT'S THE TRAP. Don't fall into it.

Find someone your own age.

T

titansfan

find someone your own age and forget this potential child rapist

if you were my daughter, you would be forbidden to see him, and he would have a restraining order forbidden him any contact with you whatsoever. 29 yr old adults have ABSOLUTELY NO BUSINESS dating 15 yr old children, the only reason he wants to be with you is to get in your pants, for that, he probaly spend a few years in jail for statatory rape.. if your parents find out you two had sex, they could press charges against him.i strongly suggest you forget this guy and find someone your own age, or you could get him into a hell of a lot of trouble.

Mbarr

MajSowell said:
okay,
i understand that there are some people who think that there is no such thing as love at 15. but, i really do think that i love him.
Of course you do--you're 16. I remember very well what it's like, and your feelings are real; however, they probably won't last forever. This guy is seriously old--how much can you have in common? And, if you do have a lot in common, why do you think that is? I'll bet he says it's because you are so mature for your age. Don't buy it, honey. It's because he is so immature.

Why tie yourself down to an old fart, before you've even had time to become a young woman? I think you are selling yourself short.

AHA

MajSowell said:
think that i love him
That's a big difference from knowing that you love him. Trust me, at such a young age, you are going to "fall in love" a dozen times before it's for real.

Shay-Pari'e

titansfan said:
if you were my daughter, you would be forbidden to see him, and he would have a restraining order forbidden him any contact with you whatsoever. 29 yr old adults have ABSOLUTELY NO BUSINESS dating 15 yr old children, the only reason he wants to be with you is to get in your pants, for that, he probaly spend a few years in jail for statatory rape.. if your parents find out you two had sex, they could press charges against him.i strongly suggest you forget this guy and find someone your own age, or you could get him into a hell of a lot of trouble.
This coming from someone with like 30 kids. :rolleyes: How old was Jessie again when the twins were born? 12? If it was your daughter Kelly, she would be pregnant with quads or a resurrected murder victim.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">