• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

In need of help. victim of a scam!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Out4Blood

Okay, I live in Texas. I was doing fine on my own, until "Mike" came around. Hes in the marines & hes pretty attractive. So he starts promising me the world and the stars. So i give in. 2 months after we started dating, he wanted to get married. I will say, i was very reluctant, but he just kept reassuring me, that everything was going to be okay & we were gonna be happy. So on may 26 2011, i married him. On the 28 he went back to 29palms & i stayed here. Then he practically disappeared after he enrolled me in deers. Then i knew exactly what he did. He just scammed me into a contract marriage. He left me in Texas, with no financial support at all. He was putting rims on his car, while i was at my moms house in Texas! He asked me to move once, but i refused because i lnew he didnt love me. Now, he doesnt want to sign the petition for divorce because hes making so much money off me. Please i need advice. Im 2 hours from the nearest JAG office & i have no way of going. I want out of this marriage, but i dont want to get in trouble for something i knew nothing about!

LdiJ

Okay, I live in Texas. I was doing fine on my own, until "Mike" came around. Hes in the marines & hes pretty attractive. So he starts promising me the world and the stars. So i give in. 2 months after we started dating, he wanted to get married. I will say, i was very reluctant, but he just kept reassuring me, that everything was going to be okay & we were gonna be happy. So on may 26 2011, i married him. On the 28 he went back to 29palms & i stayed here. Then he practically disappeared after he enrolled me in deers. Then i knew exactly what he did. He just scammed me into a contract marriage. He left me in Texas, with no financial support at all. He was putting rims on his car, while i was at my moms house in Texas! He asked me to move once, but i refused because i lnew he didnt love me. Now, he doesnt want to sign the petition for divorce because hes making so much money off me. Please i need advice. Im 2 hours from the nearest JAG office & i have no way of going. I want out of this marriage, but i dont want to get in trouble for something i knew nothing about!
You don't need him to sign the paperwork in order to get a divorce. Its a little more complicated if he won't sign, but you can get a divorce.

Shadowbunny

Queen of the Not-Rights
JAG can't help you with your divorce; the most they'll do is give you some general information and perhaps a list of divorce attorneys. LdiJ is right: you don't need him to sign to file for divorce.

Call Military OneSource (800-342-9647) and they can point you in the right direction in regards to getting financial support from him.

ahnvil

JAG will absolutely end his career though. CALL the nearest JAG officer, they like taking down marines who defraud the government. They'll come to you if you can't come to them. He's also REQUIRED by milpers to financially support you. With no kids it's around 26% of his total income. Base, BAH, and any extra duty pays he's receiving are all included.

This is what's known as BAH fraud, and I see jail time in his future. The broken hearted little lady thing isn't going to help him either. Smart marines (oxymoron, I know) order Chinese or Czech, that way their partner in crime is also benefiting from the marriage (citizenship, medical, dental, tax free shopping) and has no reason to call the JAG.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">