• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

income tax filing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pamoore

What is the name of your state? Arkansas - My husband and I divorced in February 2003 - separated most of 2002. I just found out he filed a joint tax return and forged my signature. I did not file because I had no income in 2002. What can I do???

abezon

File your own tax return as Married Filing Separately. Show $0 income and claim yourself as a dependent. Include a statement that you found out your ex-husband filed a joint return and forged your signature, and that this is the only tax return you have signed for tax year 2002.

pamoore

good idea, thank you . If I file married and separate, will I be able to take deductions??? half of the interest and taxes on our home were in my name.

abezon

Why would you need deductions? You don't have any income! Making the guy pay the MFS rate will be punishment enough. No need to be vindictive. The view fromt he high road is so much nicer. . . . . .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">