• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Incorporating the "right way"

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

PanAm

What is the name of your state? Texas
Greetings,
Here is my situation...

I'm a Foreign based (Panama) corporation wanting to incorporate as an LLC in the USA... products will be shipped to and sold from Texas... Question then is...
Should my company 1) register solely in Texas? 2) register in Delaware (for the obvious legal benefits) despite having NO physical presence there and then register as a foreign entity in Texas as would be required? 3) Is Delaware registration even necessary as it would be a USA start-up company? Just trying to reduce the administrative burden and register the "right way" from the beginning.

Thanks to all who reply.

divgradcurl

PanAm said:
What is the name of your state? Texas
Greetings,
Here is my situation...

I'm a Foreign based (Panama) corporation wanting to incorporate as an LLC in the USA... products will be shipped to and sold from Texas... Question then is...
Should my company 1) register solely in Texas? 2) register in Delaware (for the obvious legal benefits) despite having NO physical presence there and then register as a foreign entity in Texas as would be required? 3) Is Delaware registration even necessary as it would be a USA start-up company? Just trying to reduce the administrative burden and register the "right way" from the beginning.

Thanks to all who reply.
The choice of where to incorporate and how to incorporate is complex and touches o a number of issues, including liability, taxation, regulation, etc., and there may be some tradeoffs that need to be made based on your particular situation. You would be best served by locating a lawyer in Texas with experience in setting up businesses, and discuss with them how best to incorporate to meet your goals. Contact the Texas bar association for a referral.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">