• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Incorrect information on ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? CA

Hey guys i got a ticket for rolling on a stop sign and on the ticket the officer wrote that i was 19, when i was 18....does this void the ticket in any way. Oh ya he also wrote that i was "Armernian" and i am not.

Last edited:

racer72

The judge will gladly change the ticket for you. The errors do not prevent you from presenting a valid defense for the citation.

S

SkiBumMSP

May not be a bad idea to bring up in court, though!

One of my friends actually managed to get out of a ticket because the officer put the wrong date down!

My friends defense was that, "According to the date and time on this ticket, I should be in class, not out driving and speeding!" The Judge actually got ahold of my friend's professor for that class and verfied that he was indeed in class at that time and date. Of course, the officer told the Judge he meant the next day, and that was just a mistake. The Judge ended up dimissing the charge! Now, granted, this was a few years ago, and I only found about it from this very friend telling me about it, so I cannot give to much credance to the truthfulness, but I can concievably see it happening.

Now for something like a wrong age, or nationality/race, it may not be likely you'll get off, but it may be worth it to point it out to the court.

Who's Liable?

Depending on which information was put down on the ticket, sometimes you can get out of it if the office filled it out in error. Look for something like this on the back of the ticket: This is a true and accurate copy of the original... If your copy is different from the police officers copy, you do have a case and can contest it...

M

miyake

What is the name of your state? CA

What if the error is a missing digit in the driver's license? I'd just noticed this. I was trying to pull up info for the citation (speeding) via the court's phone and website using both my driver's license and citation number. After about 10 tries, I noticed that the driver's license number on the citation is missing a digit! Does that mean the court doesn't have a record probably because the police dept couldn't ENTER it into the system? I need some advice on what to do next. I tried getting an operator from the court but they had 73 people in the queue ahead of me. Yes, 73!!! Good going. I'm sure it doesn't mean they can't find me by my birthday and last name, other info. Should I go in and pretend to pay for it and let them find the error? In any case, I'm going to contest the ticket b/c I didn't speed that fast. I believe that the officer used the reading from his previous victim. Any info is appreciated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">