• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Incorrect location on revised ticket.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

iron9iant

I got a ticket in Orange, California a couple weeks ago. The officer wrote everything down correctly. Today, I got a letter from the city saying that the office made a correction to the ticket (corrected it the day after). He corrected the location of the violation to a street that's 3/4 mile away. I pulled over a block before that street. I'm not sure why the officer changed the location from a correct location to an incorrect location.

Do I have a case? The officer was just confused? Why did he move the location? Just doesn't make sense to me.

BTW. I was going 56mph in a 40mph zone (going up hill).

Thanks.

seniorjudge

iron9iant said:
I got a ticket in Orange, California a couple weeks ago. The officer wrote everything down correctly. Today, I got a letter from the city saying that the office made a correction to the ticket (corrected it the day after). He corrected the location of the violation to a street that's 3/4 mile away. I pulled over a block before that street. I'm not sure why the officer changed the location from a correct location to an incorrect location.

Do I have a case? The officer was just confused? Why did he move the location? Just doesn't make sense to me.

BTW. I was going 56mph in a 40mph zone (going up hill).

Thanks.
Q: Do I have a case?

A: No; the location has nothing to do with whether you were speeding or not.

iron9iant

If the location did not matter, why did the officer correct it the next day? What's the point of correcting it.

It's kind of like, if i was not in the location he said i was in, how could i be speeding in that location.

thanks.

Leviticus

iron9iant said:
If the location did not matter, why did the officer correct it the next day? What's the point of correcting it.

It's kind of like, if i was not in the location he said i was in, how could i be speeding in that location.

thanks.
Don't listen to seniorjudge, most of the time he tries to discourage people. Sometimes he even puts people down.

You're onto the right track with your logic. If I were you I'd try to make a case and go to court and fight it.

The set fine and licence number don't have anything to do with speeding either but were enough to get a few tickets tossed this week in court.

If you can afford the time and effort you stand a chance of winning. You'd need to do a fair bit of homework though.

seniorjudge

Leviticus said:
Don't listen to seniorjudge, most of the time he tries to discourage people. Sometimes he even puts people down.

You're onto the right track with your logic. If I were you I'd try to make a case and go to court and fight it.

The set fine and licence number don't have anything to do with speeding either but were enough to get a few tickets tossed this week in court.

If you can afford the time and effort you stand a chance of winning. You'd need to do a fair bit of homework though.
And, writer, please post back when you find out I was right.

seniorjudge said:
Q: Do I have a case?

A: No; the location has nothing to do with whether you were speeding or not.
Depends, judge, what the speed limit is in the location specified on the citation. It ain't speeding if one is traveling within the posted limit, and the ticket states the location falsely within an area where the speed limit is different.

seniorjudge

poppakeith said:
Depends, judge, what the speed limit is in the location specified on the citation. It ain't speeding if one is traveling within the posted limit, and the ticket states the location falsely within an area where the speed limit is different.
Okay, writer check that out and let us know if it is a defense.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">