• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

indecent exposure

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tracyttru

What is the name of your state? Colorado
My son in law is 23 and at 6 am this morning (Sunday) went outside (he lives in an apt.) and smoked a cigarette. He was wearing a shirt and a pair of black gym shorts and had a blanket wrapped around him. He walked up and down the sidewalk and he stepped out on the street to see how icy it was, then went back inside. Well, a neighbor saw him and called the police and said he was naked except for the blanket and was exposing himself to cars that were driving by. At 6 am on Sunday only 1 car went by and only that one person called the police. They arrived at his house at 7:30 and went directly to his apt. The person who complained lives across the street in a different complex but they are always looking over at my Daughter and son-in-laws place. Anyway, by the time the police came, he was in the shower and came out wearing only a towel. My daughter was at work and they took him and my 4 month old grandson down to the police station so they could fingerprint him and gave him a ticket for indecent exposure. They also took the blanket and his shoes that he was wearing for evidence. There was a light snow on the ground from last night and his shoe prints were still on the snow. But that doesn't prove anything, only that he was outside at some point. My question is this: He doesn't want to plead guilty, but he doesn't want to go through a trial either. Can he plead no contest and still not have this on his record as a sex offender? It is just that guys word against his, no one else saw him and all the evidence is circumstantial from where I sit. Thanks for any suggestions.

stephenk

no contest is the same as pleading guilty.

who reported him to the police? the car driver or the neighbor? Or is it one person - driver/neighbor?

if he wasnt outside naked, i question his desire not to fight the charges. I would fight as much as possible, especially with an indecent exposure charge. it will follow him forever. he could be required to register as a sex offender.

he needs to get an attorney and to find out exactly what the reporting person claims they saw that morning.

stephenk

is this the same guy who was helping your 15 year old daughter run away with him? This may be the chance to get him out of your daughter's life. Why help him?

tracyttru

It was a neighbor who was standing outside also. Driver of the car did not report anything. He wants to fight it and I think he should. I was just wondering what the consequences would be of no contest. This is a different daughter and different son-in-law. He is unemployed now and only daughter is working, so they don't have money for attorneys or anything else really.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">