• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Indiana marijuana posession for an out of stater

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

David_NH

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Indiana

My daughter and her friend were traveling across country from WA to NH. In Indiana she had a seizure at the wheel and drove off the highway. They called 911 and when the police got there they asked them questions including if they had any drugs in the car. They admitted that they had marijuana in the car. The police went through the car and found the marijuana and a pipe. The car was towed and they were cuffed and brought to the police and just my daughter was arrested. I had to post $3800 in bail via a credit card. When she got home she said that neither of them were ever read their rights. This is the first time she's ever been arrested.

1. Should she get a lawyer?
2. Does it matter that she was never read her rights?
3. What is the likely outcome/penalty?
4. Will I get back any of my $3800 bail?

Thanks for your help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">