• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Indiana: Tenant changed locks, is now absent, late. I need access to show apartment.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Banned_Princess

I recently installed new locksets at my home that have the capability to be rekeyed without assistance of a locksmith or removal of the locks. All I have to do is insert and turn the old key, use a provided tool, insert the new key, and lock it (or something like that). Lock is rekeyed is less than a minute.
That is fancy!! I just buy a new deadbolt every year or so (for my home) but it is not unusual for me, I am a safety /security/ privacy freak!!

atomizer

Another source if not the same would be Ernie's locks at landlord locks.
These can be found with a quick Google search. They are inexpensive and the cylinder can be pulled out and changed without removing the lock. They also come with a universal key so that you can have X amount of locks with the same key.

Mass_Shyster

Question for me now, at this point. Do I continue moving forward with the eviction?
I absolutely would. You can get your judgment for your losses in this process.
In fact, you may wish to speed the process along. You know where he lives NOW (until the weekend, or next weekend at most), and can properly serve him. I doubt he'll give you a forwarding address when he's gone.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">