• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Inherited property..cannot find lien holder

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

You Are Guilty

I found roughly 150 liens registered in PA to Logan Consumer Discount Co., all at the address provided by Tranquility (with Mr. Utz noted in many of them). There was one D&B listing an address up the block (at 1420 WALNUT ST STE 808, PHILADELPHIA 19102-4008), but that was the only reference to that particular address. There were also several lawsuits involving them as well.

All in all, they do not seem to be hiding very effectively.

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pa.

A relative left me her house in her will. When taking the steps to have the house put into my name I learned that there is a lien on the property. I was told by someone at city hall when looking through records that the lien holder (is that correct?) isn't around anymore. There is no contact information for me. What steps do I take to have this released or go about paying what needs to be paid?
**A: is the property currently in your name? Reason being is that you did not mention probate. Although it is not related to the lien question.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">