• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Injured at work

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

BamaJim

I was injured at work last night I had declined medical treatment at the time but today it feels worse ate they still reliable even if I declined the treatment signed a form ? I was told I could go next day but had to call but yet now saying I declined help is anything I can do

commentator

Okay, you are saying you were injured at work, and were offered medical treatment, but declined, right? They (your supervisor or HR) asked you to sign a paper saying you declined medical treatment? Then today, it feels worse. What sort of injury is it? Are you able to be at work? Did you ask them about it again, and now they are saying you shouldn't go to the doctor or that they will not pay for it because you signed a paper declining medical treatment last night? It's a little confusing here.

There is no way you can 'sign away" your right to medical care or worker's comp if you are actually injured at work. It will still be considered a work related injury if you want to seek medical treatment for it, regardless of what you have signed at the moment it happened.

latigo

I was injured at work last night I had declined medical treatment at the time but today it feels worse ate they still reliable even if I declined the treatment signed a form ? I was told I could go next day but had to call but yet now saying I declined help is anything I can do
Perhaps you could explain what it is that you would like to do as your post is a bit unclear.

Are you saying that at first you didn't believe that medical treatment was needed, but since feel that it is? That would not be uncommon. All symptoms related to physical trauma don't always appear immediately. People have walked away from accidents and then died at home.

Just understand that your signing of the waiver DOES NOT prevent you from seeking such workman's compensation benefits as are warranted. Moreover, the written waiver is adequate proof of the required notice to the employer.

quincy

BamaJim, although we might assume by your user name that you are posting from Alabama, when you return to answer the questions asked of you, and to clarify your situation a bit, please also provide the name of your state (or confirm that it is Alabama). The state matters. Thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">