• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Injury accident on Tuesday, Fired on Monday

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

williamnkc

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Missouri

I am a resident of Missouri, but was working in Kansas. My first day of work was on July 1, 2009. On July 7, 2009 I was a passenger in a vehicle driven by my manager on our way to a sales call that was rear ended by another car. At the time I wasn't feeling any pain, but the next day my back hurt so badly that I could hardly walk. On Wednesday afternoon I consulted a chiropractor and was looked at and told to take some over the counter pain reliever. I mentioned to my manager that I would need to turn this in to the insurance company because it was caused by the accident.

This morning I went to work at my designated time of 7AM and was sat down and given the boot with no reason other than with my back hurting the way it is I wouldn't be able to complete my job functions.

Any advice here would be great. I'm still in a lot of pain and I have another appointment for a 2nd opinion on my back tomorrow.

I think I was let go because I told my manager that I needed to claim it on someones insurance..

Thanks in advance..

Beth3

Consult with a Worker's Compensation attorney immediately. If they fired you because you notified them you wished to make a WC claim, that is illegal.

BTW, because you were injured on the job, the way this works is that your employer files a WC claim with their WC carrier. If the other driver is liable for the accident, then the WC carrier subrogates the claim with his insurance carrier. I'm expect your employer is fully aware of that, even though your comment was about making an insurance claim with the driver who hit you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">