• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Inmates visitation rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

ladyfan2

What is the name of your state? Ohio,Chillicothe
my son is in prison and I need help on his rights please
DRC will not let his wife visit him. they did let her visit the first year and once again last year. we have written appeal after appeal to the warden and DRC I have contacted my congress man and every one. he has spent two years there so far and has another 7 to go. I don't know how they can do that.
they say she was part of his post investigation conviction
but she was not. according to the rules, she has no record, nor has been thrown out of the visiting room,
I have all the court records and she was not part of his conviction
I cannot get the records of the post conviction they say
can some one help me please. I called ACLU, the legal aid and every one I can think of I cannot afford a lawyer again.
thanks for your help
ladyfan
Its seems the right of a prisoner is so EFFIE

wenwas

i don't believe prisoners have a "right" to visitation. in the eyes of the DOC it's considered a privilage. there is inmates on death row that are not allowed visits and only get 1 phone call a year. learn this now so you don't have anymore frustration in the future the DOC can do alot of things that you would think they dont have a right to do, but they do.

calatty

What do you mean by "part of his post investigation conviction"? Explain in detail what reason they are using to deny her visitation so we can evaluate whether you have any grounds for pursuing this.

L

ladyfan2

visitation

This is what happened. per the wife side
my son step daughter accused him of rape. he said he was innocent through the whole year of trial. the daughter tried to drop charges. she said she was mad at her step father because he would not let her go out to see her boy friend at midnight and she told my son she would get even with him, so she went to school the next day and told her teacher that my son raped her.
and when she relized what she did she tried to drop charges but the state would not let her. what DRC is saying is that the wife tried to make the daughter drop charges. so that is what they are holding againest her, she said that all she did was help the daugher spell words and explained what the question meant on the form. well when the daughter finished the form to drop charges and mailed that form in, the procuter and sheriff came to school and took the daughter out of school and went to the mother house and put her in the cop car . they told the daughter if you drop charges you are going to jail. and the told the mother to stop trying to get her daughter to drop charges. the daughter filled out two forms trying to drop charges. and they would not except them. so that is what they have on the wife as no visiting rights this is what the letter says dening visits
the mother actions resulted in removal of of the child from her custody. they said that she did attempt to to influence the victim's testimony, thus playing a integral part in the criminal case is what the warden, it also says if the vistor is found to have had involvement or knowledge in the inmates prior criminal behavior the institution has a right to deny visitations
the sad thing is they never ever took the victim to the hosptial for medical help, so when I went home I made the mother take her which was about four months after the fact and she was still a virgin, so no DNA was done nothing, but its a very small city in sourthern ohio. I have all the court records and it says that they had no evedence on him what so ever until he pleated guilty at the very last hearing. and he did that because of the lawyer I had so that he was looking at 120 years , we wanted to go all the way to jury trail. so we had a hearing every month for a year.

calatty

On those facts, she probably will not succeed in getting visitation. Prison authorities have broad authority to do whatever is necessary for institutional security. Since your son admitted he committed the crime, the wife can be viewed as having conspired with him to get the victim to make a false recantation.

Your son didn't plead guilty because of the lawyer, but because he was offered a better sentence than he would have received if he went to trial and was convicted, and because he thought it was likely he would be convicted. The victim's word is legally enough evidence to support a conviction.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">