• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

INS Change Help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

Hi Guys.
I know I came to you before about ins and this is a little different.

My question is I began a new job last week. I have not yet signed up for ins since I want to check out private as well as employer ins. Whats better you know!

Well I changed my work address a couple days ago and got a letter in the mail (super fast ) about a medical support notice being sent by the AG. My daughters have medicaid also. I called th AG and they said first I could pay for Medicaid , then they said that they have to get ins from my work because Medicaid would drop them, which Medicaid did not the whole time they were on my prior ins. I had also asked Medicaid prior to enrolling them. They assured me the would not be dropped.

Also my order says I can enroll them in gov. ins and if they are not enrolled in HMO or PPO that both I and my ex share expenses as we do for non insurance bills.

I have court Wed on contempt with my ex already plus the numerous bills she has not paid yet and hasnt made the effort to. Can I ask that I pay for the Medicaid from the Judge?

My last ins didnt cover well baby anyways but ive been told medicaid helps with the children much better. Any advice would be much appreciated!!

Still need help..

Today in the mail I got the papers from work. Per Court Order they put ME & my children on ins. Why me I dont know?

Can I submit a request for a medical review notice since they have medicaid and are disabled "technically" because when I qualified for CHIPS not medicaid they turned me down because they have medicaid which comes automatically with their SSI. Now my order says I can apply for governmental ins but the AG is not listening to the situation and my guess is because im talking to CSR;s and not attorneys. Any advice. I was not able to bring this up in court beside the past due medical bills that she now have 6 months to pay on top of probation for contempt. How can I handle this ins issue with the AG? Thanks for any help!!!

One more piece of info..

I should add and I am not sure if it matters or not but I will only be with this job another month or so then I will be with another company. I am a contractor and work industrial jobs which means I whatever company has me on a job after one is complete is what I do. Since my order has been in effect since Jan this is the first change. I didnt know if this mattered or I needed to address Thanks again guys!!

qurice

Unless your employer offers "dependant only" coverage, you will be added as well. Try going to an office to speak with someone. I don't know how it work with SSI involved but take as much documentation as you can. People tend to listen better and work harder to get issues resolved when you are sitting 3 feet in front of them.

I have tried for a long time to get my order changed with OAG. I have not had a job that offers medical coverage in some time. My children are covered through Medicaid and even when I did have insurance, they still had it then.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">