• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Insurance refund check was issued to me after divorce was final

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

adjusterjack

A couple months ago when he decided to change companies, I had to fill out the paperwork and E sign the documents to get my name removed from the policy. that's when they told me that I was the primary on the policy.
Who is "they"? Your agent? I have found that many insurance agents barely know the names of the policies that they sell. There is no such differentiation in the policy.

Again, in the absence of an agreement as to who gets what, the refund belongs to each of you equally.

Who is "they"? Your agent? I have found that many insurance agents barely know the names of the policies that they sell. There is no such differentiation in the policy.

Again, in the absence of an agreement as to who gets what, the refund belongs to each of you equally.
Yes, it was the local agent. I don't think it was even the agent, I think it was the receptionist, lol Thanks for your advice/input!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">