• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Interesting Federal case re TaxMasters

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tranquility

It seems like, if you're naughty, all bets are off.

Taxmasters were pretty...well, the court found all bets were off.

garrula lingua

Yep, Tranq. Talk about oppressive ...

Unlucky people - stuck between IRS & TaxMasters - a rock & a hard place.

I love the arbitration clause -- especially making the client pay all costs & no class actions, etc.
Pretty naughty.

I've read some auto contracts which were as oppressive. I guess people are either desperate and sign anyway, or just don't read the contract.

This seemed like such a small amt of money (unearned) for TaxMasters to fight ... bad result & bad PR.

cyjeff

If you are going to be this slimy, the last thing you want is for the world to find out about it.

I just LOVE companies that prey on desperate people... and do it in such a dishonest way... we won't help you until you pay in full, you will be charged before you see anything in writing, you have to start paying us before we can generate your paperwork, you can't sue us, you can't join a class action suit, we can charge you legal fees of $850 an hour if you piss us off.

Guess who is spreading the word about TM?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">