• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

international divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

Always searching

I mean no disrespect with this question but am not familiar with your customs. What are ornaments?

V

vikas

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by usdeeper:
ornaments = nik naks.. momentoes etc<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

V

vikas

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by usdeeper:
ornaments = nik naks.. momentoes etc<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
well we have languaage barrier but generally on event of marriage indian mother give ornaments to her daughter in lay this is custom in india particualry my jain families.

V

vikas

well why didnt anyone replied to me??/

waiting for your response

vikas.

U

usdeeper

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by vikas:
well why didnt anyone replied to me??/
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Because it stopped being family law and became an immigration question.. and since you had posted the question on that board I left this thread alone..

U

Ukiah

As I said before, Talk to someone in INS and straighten this mess out, But hurry because in California, if you do not respond within a certain amount of time, the Judge will grant the divorce without your consent. HURRY, if you want to contest the divorce.

Good luck,

Ukiah

------------------
All that you have read in no way is Legal Advice, it is a matter of opinion to help you in your quest

V

vikas

my mother had given her ornaments as traditional custom if we really seperate i want them back at any cost??
well she hasnt filed papers for divorce yet so why should i b e in hurry ?//
u may have misunderstanding that she may have served me papers already thats not true dear,,,but thanks anyways for your valuable information.

can any one make sure if the INS will give me visitors visa for contest??/
i dont want any lawyer to fight on my behalf i would like to contest on my own there..

sinverely
vikas,

S

Skorpio

If you really want to contest the divorce, then go to the INS and get what you need to get over here and contest it, wheter there are papers served or not. Quit "lollygagging" and get busy!

There shouldn't be anymore said on this subject as there is nothing more to say. Except the more you wait the more you lose!

Skorpio

LegalBeagle

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Skorpio:
If you really want to contest the divorce, then go to the INS and get what you need to get over here and contest it, wheter there are papers served or not. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you read the thread you will see that usdeeper has answered this point. There is no point him going to the INS because he will not be allowed to enter without his wife filing papers in the US.

------------------
Psst... I do not work for Macdonald’s or Burger King, and even if I did, I would not tell you. For sloppy bread, tired tomatoes, frozen onions, watered down mayonnaise and imitation meat, please find a drive through window with a person who openly admits they make that stuff.

My advice above is equal to the advice they would give if you asked that person a legal question.

[This message has been edited by LegalBeagle (edited September 26, 2000).]

V

vikas

well my friends,
its seems that u all r angry with me as if i am not doing anything just talking and sharing but very franly u all usdeeper skorpio legal begal etc. r really so informative ...
and very frankly i was checking about the possibilities of my case and i am really soooooo grateful i have u all behind me and helping me taking initiative ...

thanks a lot
vikas.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">