• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Internet Defamation on Facebook

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Blutodidit

I admire your Steeler-gear-wearin' verve! :D (Without revealing details that would reveal my identity to the entire internet ;), I can simply state that I've done a thing or two along those lines. :cool:)

It's gonna be a blowout. (Puns nearly always intended.) :p Denver by 24: that's my prediction.
I don't think it will be that easy for Peyton!:( I want Denver to win, however, I think the weather will play in favor of Seattle's style of play. I'm thinking the score will be a bit closer--like 27--24. Just my opinion. Go Denver!! ;)

Silverplum

I always had a (perfectly rational) strong loathing for Elway.

But Peyton Manning is awesome, and I'm looking forward to running into him at the dry cleaners (that's where Ma Silver met Someone Famous) or at church (that's where I've met two Famous Persons, so far) or at the grocery store (where nothing happens.) When I do run into him, I'll tell him that everyone on FA is/was rootin' for him. :D:cool:

B

Blutodidit

I always had a (perfectly rational) strong loathing for Elway.

But Peyton Manning is awesome, and I'm looking forward to running into him at the dry cleaners (that's where Ma Silver met Someone Famous) or at church (that's where I've met two Famous Persons, so far) or at the grocery store (where nothing happens.) When I do run into him, I'll tell him that everyone on FA is/was rootin' for him. :D:cool:
With the record-breaking year Peyton has had, I think he will complete his year of destiny. It would be very sad if he and his team didn't win the Superbowl!

Proserpina

I don't think it will be that easy for Peyton!:( I want Denver to win, however, I think the weather will play in favor of Seattle's style of play. I'm thinking the score will be a bit closer--like 27--24. Just my opinion. Go Denver!! ;)
Don't get me started ... :D

Peyton = example of how to win OR lose with class
Sherman = wouldn't know classy if classy came up to him and smacked him in the face

(Of course I'm still sore over that whole Golden Tate/MD Jennings debacle...even though I know it was the refs fault and not the players. And I'm no big Packers fan, either)

Silverplum

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/sports/broncos/denver-broncos-peyton-manning-recalls-a-kind-gesture-made-by-seattle-seahawks-coach-pete-carroll

Denver Broncos Peyton Manning recalls a kind gesture made by Seattle Seahawks coach Pete Carroll

Manning told the story during his Wednesday morning press conference in New Jersey.

"He (Carroll) actually did a pretty cool thing for me one time," recalled Manning. "I was in Los Angeles during the summer in June. I had some commitment there and I needed to throw, I needed to workout. So I called over to Southern Cal’s football offices, got a hold of Coach Carroll and asked if his receivers and quarterbacks were throwing that day. Could I come over and join the throwing session because I was getting ready for training camp."

So Carroll agreed and Manning headed to the USC practice fields. Manning assumed that he was just going to throw a couple of routes to a few USC receivers, but Carroll had different plans in mind.

"Coach Caroll had eight receivers, four tight ends and four running backs all stretched, lathered up and ready to go when I got there," Manning said. "I said, 'Alright, what routes do y'all want to run? One of the players said 'No, Coach Carroll said we’re going to throw whatever routes you want to run. This is going to be your workout.' That's about as good of a treatment that you’re going to get."

:)

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Get them Mannings out of here - this is Brady country!

(I always wanted to say that. In truth, and Pro will bear me out, I am SO not a football fan!)

Proserpina

Get them Mannings out of here - this is Brady country!

(I always wanted to say that. In truth, and Pro will bear me out, I am SO not a football fan!)

(Can confirm that)

:D

Much as cbg can confirm that during the season I can the most obnoxious fan on the planet.

Specially if you're a Ravens or Cowboys fan.

quincy

... Much as cbg can confirm that during the season I can the most obnoxious fan on the planet. ...
Just wait for the Detroit Lions to make it to the Super Bowl. THEN you will see the most obnoxious fan on the planet.* :)

Because toria's thread seems to have taken a turn away from Facebook defamation, I can at least bring it back to the law, with a nice football twist.

On Tuesday (the 28th), a former Detroit Lion filed a lawsuit against the NFL and a helmet maker over concussions he suffered while a player in 2010 and 2011. Jahvid Best (running back) alleges in his complaint filed in Wayne County Circuit Court, Detroit, that the NFL was aware of the risks of concussions to players and did not move to protect them. Best also currently has a worker's compensation claim against the Lions. He is seeking both economic and non-economic damages.

(*I know, I know. I may never have the chance to be obnoxious - at least over pro football. :( )

Proserpina

Just wait for the Detroit Lions to make it to the Super Bowl. THEN you will see the most obnoxious fan on the planet.* :)

Because toria's thread seems to have taken a turn away from Facebook defamation, I can at least bring it back to the law, with a nice football twist.

On Tuesday (the 28th), a former Detroit Lion filed a lawsuit against the NFL and a helmet maker over concussions he suffered while a player in 2010 and 2011. Jahvid Best (running back) alleges in his complaint filed in Wayne County Circuit Court, Detroit, that the NFL was aware of the risks of concussions to players and did not move to protect them. Best also currently has a worker's compensation claim against the Lions. He is seeking both economic and non-economic damages.

(*I know, I know. I may never have the chance to be obnoxious - at least over pro football. :( )

"He played 4 years in high school, 3 years in college, and 22 total games in the NFL" (same statement from many sources)

Um. Yeah. It's obviously the NFL's fault :D

quincy

... On Tuesday (the 28th), a former Detroit Lion filed a lawsuit against the NFL and a helmet maker over concussions he suffered while a player in 2010 and 2011. Jahvid Best (running back) alleges in his complaint filed in Wayne County Circuit Court, Detroit, that the NFL was aware of the risks of concussions to players and did not move to protect them. Best also currently has a worker's compensation claim against the Lions. He is seeking both economic and non-economic damages. ...
To add, here is a list of all of the defendants named in the Best suit (a status conference is scheduled for April 29):

Jahvid Best is suing All American Sports Corp d/b/a Riddell/All American Riddell Sports Group; Easton-Bell Sports, Inc.; Easton-Bell, LLC; EB Sports Corp.; the National Football League; NFL Properties, LLC; RBG Holding Corp.; Riddell, Inc. d/b/a Riddell Sports Group, Inc.

3rd Judicial Circuit, Civil Division, Case 14-001024-No

Edit to add: Earlier in January, a federal court judge rejected the class action settlement amount of $765 million in the case between the NFL and players, over concussion-related injuries. The judge is not convinced that the NFL's offer to pay $765 million is enough to cover all of the players' medical needs currently or in the future.

Speaking of Super Bowl ads, my family's favorite is the "Puppy Love" Budweiser ad. Very cute. I personally am not as interested in seeing football players' hair, but I understand Proserpina's obsession. :)

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">