• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Interstate Cases/Child Support Enforcement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

GriefinGeorgia

What is the name of your state? Georgia
Simple question:
In interstate child support cases, which state has the final word in what amounts are owed, the state where the divorce, custody and support hearings were held ( that also being the state where the NCP lives ) or the state where the CP lives?
Also, if the CP moves to another state, how long do they have to reside there before collecting thru that states CSE?

seniorjudge

GriefinGeorgia said:
What is the name of your state? Georgia
Simple question:
In interstate child support cases, which state has the final word in what amounts are owed, the state where the divorce, custody and support hearings were held ( that also being the state where the NCP lives ) or the state where the CP lives?
Also, if the CP moves to another state, how long do they have to reside there before collecting thru that states CSE?
https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=325089

Keep all your child support questions in your original thread.

JThomas

I'm not sure but I think it's the state where the custodial parent lives. I can't help you with the other question, sorry.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">